What a........

MR.C

Started to remove the head off the zetec the other day. All is well till I come to remove the throttle bodies.

Somebody has glued them on to the head with silicone or instant gasket and it might as well be welded on!!! 

I've a few ideas but it looks like omex will be receiving a new order soon. 

At least they aren’t going to fall off andy! Hope you get it sorted.

38 minutes ago, MR.C said:

Started to remove the head off the zetec the other day. All is well till I come to remove the throttle bodies.

Somebody has glued them on to the head with silicone or instant gasket and it might as well be welded on!!! 

Any way you can apply some heat to the joint? Might help them separate. 

• Like 1

Use fishing line to wedge it between the parts and saw through the sealant wrap the ends around 2 screwdrivers or pieces of wood

• Like 3

Thanks for the ideas.

Looks to me like there is no gasket, so the clearance joint is about .0005 😂

Can not get a razor blade in between. Think I'm going to remove the bodies from the manifold

Then it looks like I'm going to have to make something to put pressure on the manifold to force it away

from the head (and some heat)and hope the silicone gives way before the manifold😬

Managed to remove the manifold today.

Well pleased as earlier  i had manged to jack the front of the car up via the manifold with no bolts just silicone.

Crazy shear strength....

IMG_20211126_180936.jpg

IMG_20211126_181010.jpg

Screwfix sell cheap silicone sealant remover. You need lots of elbow grease and several applications, but it does work. Lot cheaper than new ITBs.

• Like 1