Edge to carbon sheet

harrypotter

What is the best way to finish the edge of a carbon dash that sits flush with the scuttle? It would need to be very slim I guess. Or is it ok to just carefully sand it smooth?

I sanded mine to the contour of the scuttle and then use some 600grit wet and dry to give a nice chamfer to the edge.

I'm in two minds as to adding a rubber trim or not???

I would suggest some felt tape or similar on the face off the scuttle where carbon panel meets as it does sound rattly even when bolted/screwed tight.

20210924_142401.thumb.jpg.fc74fb90e3f34e05f123231e00f6ef65.jpg

17 minutes ago, kenton said:

@carbon-nv Not on your website yet but I'm sure many would like your new product designed for this. 😉

Carbon NV is no longer a member, so won’t see this I’m afraid. 

Ah, ok. 

Mark has a moulded carbon edge trim made to the shape of the scuttle to cover the dash edge. Looks good too. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kenton said:

Ah, ok. 

Mark has a moulded carbon edge trim made to the shape of the scuttle to cover the dash edge. Looks good too. 🙂

Oh dear I feel the wallet opening again ……

have you got one and if so any pictures ?

• Haha 1

I’ve used nail varnish on the cut edge of fibre glass before. Maybe clear or a black would suit carbon.

I used a 'P' shaped black rubber edge trim. The bulb was only 2 or 3mm in diameter. I glued the stem on the back with Evostick. Other contact adhesives are available.