private reg tranfser

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Does anybody know if you buy a reg from DVLA cherished numbers you can assign to your car straight away? or do you have to wait for V5 etc?

3 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Does anybody know if you buy a reg from DVLA cherished numbers you can assign to your car straight away? or do you have to wait for V5 etc?

you can do it online.

you will need the latest V5 as you need the 11 digit number that’s  on it

yep as soon as it arrives you can do it online, but don't forget to retain the original reg if you need to keep it for later sale of the vehicle

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

Has 'I-Luv-Tez'? Come back up for sale 😉 ?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, cast iron said:

yep as soon as it arrives you can do it online, but don't forget to retain the original reg if you need to keep it for later sale of the vehicle

When you transfer the number back off again you will be reallocated an age related plate for the car which generally would be the cars original number. There’s no need to retain the original number unless it means something special to you.

Mine never had an original number it went straight on a cherished one. Can't recall how I did that though it was nearly 22 years ago 

You purchase the plate then they send you  the retention cert which i think can take 7 ish days then you can put it on your motor straight away if you have the v5c 

On 19/11/2021 at 13:00, Mark (smokey mow) said:

When you transfer the number back off again you will be reallocated an age related plate for the car which generally would be the cars original number. There’s no need to retain the original number unless it means something special to you.

helps when selling if the original number is retained, helps traceability, and reduces scepticism, for a few quid ours are retained

44 minutes ago, cast iron said:

helps when selling if the original number is retained, helps traceability, and reduces scepticism, for a few quid ours are retained

I’ve never not had one that has been reallocated the original number when I’ve transferred the plate back off.

44 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

I’ve never not had one that has been reallocated the original number when I’ve transferred the plate back off.

Neither have I, and I have never seen an option to pay for a retention of the original number either.

its in the small print, found out to our loss when swapping personalised plates over

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2021 at 19:02, Rednop1 said:

You purchase the plate then they send you  the retention cert 

thanks for info is that the V750 Certificate ?

• 2 weeks later...

Its on 😁

IMG_4314.jpg

I recommend the same letters/numbers front to rear though 😃

Screenshot_20211213-190538.png

yes officer 😁

• Haha 1