BobMet's IVA application

BobMet

I'll run a separate thread here for anything IVA-related, to accompany my build diary.

Started on the IVA paperwork today.

Q1: Which engine no. do I use from the Engine Age Statement? Should it be the Engine Casting No. or the Engine I.D. No?

• Like 1

Iam at work today but if no one can answer I will did put a copy of mine later and see what I put.  Make sure you put the correct rpm! 😂

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BobMet said:

Which engine no. do I use from the Engine Age Statement? Should it be the Engine Casting No. or the Engine I.D. No?

My inspectors physically checked the engine number that's stamped in the block matched the number on my application form, so I'd use that one if possible, and I'd be inclined to avoid mentioning any other number if you can; keep it simple!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They’re not interested in the casting number for those purposes, just the engines identifying number.

• Like 1

That's good, as the ID No. is the only one I can readily find on the engine.

IVA application now submitted. I sent the following:

• Application for Statutory Basic IVA for passenger cars, Class A (amateur built)
  • Amateur built declaration
  • Final itemised invoice from WSC plus covering email from Judy at WSC
  • Engine age statement from WSC
  • 6 build photos clearing showing the build took place in a domestic garage

Some specifics that I entered:

• Described the car as a Westfield SEi FW
  • MAX power: 150 BHP at 6000 rpm
  • MAX design speed: 130 mph
  • Type of body: Open top sports
  • Axle 1/2/Gross design weights: 425/500/900 KG

Next hurdle is to hear back from them for payment and whether I've completed the application correctly!

I think mine was within a few days they emailed me to pay and book. The first available date was a couple of weeks away from then.

Hi Bob - did you get the max power and max design speed numbers direct from Westfield?

58 minutes ago, SteveB21 said:

Hi Bob - did you get the max power and max design speed numbers direct from Westfield?

Yep.

• Thanks 1

Its been exactly a week since I submitted my IVA application but not heard back yet. How long has it taken for others to receive news?

Iam sure I got my released for inspection email to ring and book/pay anytime now ish. Fingers crossed for Monday. here’s the number below if you need to contact them. They were very helpful and I was able to choose a suitable date 👍🏼

C915978F-20CC-4FF1-9F5E-6B7393B7C9D6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Update on my IVA application...

On Tuesday, 6.5 working days after submitting my online application, I received an "Application Accepted for Assessment" email, then 9 minutes later an "Application Assessed" email.

Although instructions in the emails were unclear, I rang the national number that afternoon in order to pay and book. 67 minutes later (!!!) I got through and my Mastercard account was rapidly relieved of £450, only to be then told that there was "no resource" showing for the two IVA lanes at Kidderminster and hence I couldn't make a booking. It was 1630 by now and of course the "IVA team" had gone home so the (helpful) lady on the phone couldn't find out why there was no resource at Kiddie. My stated secondary choice was the private centre at Halesowen, but to change to that I was told it would need a fresh application and a wait of 28 days for me to be refunded, so stuff that! She recommended I ring again between 0730 and 0800 when lines are quiet. So I rang at 0730 next morning and after a short while a booking was made at Kidderminster for 0800 on 10th January. If I want to check for any cancellations coming up I have to ring the national number, so I may do that next week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1