Peak District Run Out, Sun 14 Nov, Tagg Lane

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

We left sunny Manchester this morning to meet up with our Westy friends. 
We met at a Misty and drizzly Tagg Lane dairy, then off we went via Bakewell, Matlock, and Hathersage before stopping for lunch at the Ladybower hotel, then Margaret and I headed back over the Snake pass back to sunny Manchester 😎image2.jpeg.6724a7a36aaf0d690b8253fdcdeccb63.jpeg

image3.jpeg.43bfc29b8e9c2952a9fb54331fcbf6a9.jpeg

image1.jpeg.84d72bf2660fba5baa3d0e426c67d18c.jpeg

• Like 6

The morning started nice and early and the weather was actually quite mild and dry (didn't last!).

Ash and I met up enroute near Burton and we fun drive (roads were quiet 😇) up through Ashbourne to Tagg Lane to find Andrew and Glynn waiting for us..... but no Julie and Glen (hope you are feeling better soon @Julie Hall - Joint Peak District AO!). Very soon Paul and Margaret arrived (all the way from from sunny Oldham) and then Lee drove in to show off his new Intatrim heated seats (very jealous!).

Ash also showed off his new Samsung Fold phone mount.... it gives him a mahoosive satnav screwn and allows him to film using the phone through through windscreen 👌

20211114_103318.thumb.jpg.9fba01b6957f4ff94dc66e7cc626f077.jpg

We now had 6 cars and 7 people with nowhere to go...... I think sometimes we all take for granted the hard work AO's like Julie put into planning our days out, but not us, not today! We were all scratching our heads on what to do next without our illustrious squadron leader! 😂

Thankfully Lee knows the area well, and after a customary cake and a brew, we headed off following him cross country through some lovely scenery. The roads were very damp and slippery but we arrived safe and sound for a nice lunch at the Ladybower Inn.

A word of warning if anyone decides to go there, please be careful of the potholes in the carpark, they are that deep you can see kangaroos at the bottom!!!

20211114_125920.thumb.jpg.cacd56af600c284d14110d0dce17c88e.jpg

20211114_125949.thumb.jpg.720e6fb963bf760bdf34759c21fd9827.jpg

A huge thanks to @Lee Bennett for stepping up and taking us on a great route (despite loads of closed roads due to Remembrance Sunday events).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, RobH72 said:

A huge thanks to @Lee Bennett for stepping up and taking us on a great route (despite loads of closed roads due to Remembrance Sunday events).

We'll done @Lee Bennett for stepping up! 👏

• Like 5

What a brilliant day out - spoilt only by the illness of our entertainment manager @Julie Hall - Joint Peak District AOwho we all hope will recover quickly. To be fair the day was saved by the impromptu route designed by @Lee Bennett and thanks to him. 
Glynn, Lee, Ash, Rob, Paul and his wife, plus yours truly arrived at a damp Tagg Lane where we regrouped and organised the day ahead. 
8890E935-4AFC-4F8B-91BE-DE607F649E52.thumb.jpeg.1b8ade247c382c192029c53a74e31318.jpeg

In the Peak District tradition lots of cake was consumed to prepare us for the trip out

51CCB3CA-F68B-4662-9925-C20BD390455D.thumb.jpeg.9da918864a61ac3fde1d7daabeb72dc0.jpeg

From Tagg Lane via Bakewell, Via Gellia, Matlock, Darley Dale, Chatsworth, Hathersage to Ladybower for lunch. 

3537099D-0F9D-4DD3-85BA-77F9EDEDDE80.thumb.jpeg.9597cd26e1951f1569eea052187ba71b.jpeg

‘Small’ pulled pork sandwich or Steak Pie?

A386637E-39BE-4F3F-B91F-8D13988CE083.thumb.jpeg.00cebfc4d0a7d4b1778d17ed04b78246.jpeg

All was enjoyed and demolished 

373EF02A-974B-4323-A3BA-3EAADD6660BB.thumb.jpeg.3842c936a93d8bff7497a861558755b9.jpeg

Thanks for a great time. Looking forward to Ash posting his action photos sometime and see you all soon on the quiet Autumn roads. 

205 miles and about £60 of E5 and a smile ear to ear. Can’t beat it. 

67500374-5E0C-4A4E-AFF0-8C2A5EA97382.png.4e0a4cb719e9f9331c2cb1366cac408d.png

• Like 8

Oh boy, thank you for your kind words, do I owe you an apology and an explaination? I think so, but brace yourselves because this is not normal car forum chat, this is women's gruesomeness, prepare to run a mile!

ABC arrived at our house 8.45am Sunday and the Westfield was on the front ready to go, Glen and I were togged up and we were just having a chat before setting off. Then it all went wrong. My Mirena coil had half wormed it's way out Friday afternoon and my GP quickly removed it, this is where lot's of blood is involved, sorry but I did warn you. Saturday was fine, bleeding, but fine. Sunday morning was a bit of a horror movie but I had hoped it would sort itself out....until I went a bit hot and a bit faint while talking to Glen and ABC. Thinking I was wearing a lot of clothes and we needed to get into a freezing Westfield to cool down, I went to the loo, oh dear, that was rather a lot of blood and there was no stopping it. I apologised to ABC and put the Westfield away while Glen turned the MX5 into an ambulance and off we wizzed to Chesterfield Royal Hospital.

A heart rate of 39 bpm and blood pressure of 40 odd over 90 odd, I think I had just lost too much blood in a short space of time, so that was it, I was fed a cocktail of anti-spasm/blood stoppers/I.V fluids and I.V painkillers and had an ECG. I was admitted because my heart rate and bp took a while to get back up and scans were not available on a Sunday, a night in Hotel du Hospital for me.

The coil had been in place for 2 years to treat fibroids (non cancerous tumours) on my lady baby bits, sometimes coils just come out, so after scans and stuff they have decided to make me go into menopause for 6 months with a GnR injection to reduce the fibroids. Fun times ahead hey, but hopefully we will be rocking n rolling in the car, I might even be warm if I can have one of those hot flush jobbys 😃

It's good to talk to your wife/mother about periods/menopause and sympathise with them, it might even get you some brownie points for car blats, or practice on me and Glen, there is nothing we don't know about the women's anatomy now 😄

Hope to see you all next Sunday, I am very late for an appointment with an extra large ice cream😛

• Like 9

Really glad to read you're well enough to write to us. Though I've never seen any of the above in any Haynes manual! Perhaps you can persuade Glen to write a 'special edition' 

Take care and we'll see you soon.

Ian

• Haha 1

So glad they looked after you and you're able to share all the grusom details.

Look after yourself .

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Joint Peak District AO said:

Oh boy, thank you for your kind words, do I owe you an apology and an explaination? I think so, but brace yourselves because this is not normal car forum chat, this is women's gruesomeness, prepare to run a mile!

ABC arrived at our house 8.45am Sunday and the Westfield was on the front ready to go, Glen and I were togged up and we were just having a chat before setting off. Then it all went wrong. My Mirena coil had half wormed it's way out Friday afternoon and my GP quickly removed it, this is where lot's of blood is involved, sorry but I did warn you. Saturday was fine, bleeding, but fine. Sunday morning was a bit of a horror movie but I had hoped it would sort itself out....until I went a bit hot and a bit faint while talking to Glen and ABC. Thinking I was wearing a lot of clothes and we needed to get into a freezing Westfield to cool down, I went to the loo, oh dear, that was rather a lot of blood and there was no stopping it. I apologised to ABC and put the Westfield away while Glen turned the MX5 into an ambulance and off we wizzed to Chesterfield Royal Hospital.

A heart rate of 39 bpm and blood pressure of 40 odd over 90 odd, I think I had just lost too much blood in a short space of time, so that was it, I was fed a cocktail of anti-spasm/blood stoppers/I.V fluids and I.V painkillers and had an ECG. I was admitted because my heart rate and bp took a while to get back up and scans were not available on a Sunday, a night in Hotel du Hospital for me.

The coil had been in place for 2 years to treat fibroids (non cancerous tumours) on my lady baby bits, sometimes coils just come out, so after scans and stuff they have decided to make me go into menopause for 6 months with a GnR injection to reduce the fibroids. Fun times ahead hey, but hopefully we will be rocking n rolling in the car, I might even be warm if I can have one of those hot flush jobbys 😃

It's good to talk to your wife/mother about periods/menopause and sympathise with them, it might even get you some brownie points for car blats, or practice on me and Glen, there is nothing we don't know about the women's anatomy now 😄

Hope to see you all next Sunday, I am very late for an appointment with an extra large ice cream😛

Glad to hear your ok. Make sure Glen is looking after you and keeping you supplied with cake as you don't want cake withdrawal symptoms too. Look after yourself and get well soon.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know that your on the mend , I hope Glen is looking after you and giving you the attention you deserve. As for the “Fun times ahead” is that for you or Glen !! My years of experience Glen is 

image.thumb.jpg.3920f5f8068c5ddcf0285ea95596deb1.jpg

take care ,rest up and look after each other luv Andy and Becky xx

• Haha 2

Bless you, you have been through the wringer! Glad you are on the mend!

Colleen is going through forced menopause as a result of the breast cancer and its not much fun.

But being the supportive husband, I've nicknamed her the Human Torch from the Fabulous Four, and with every hot flush I can't help but shout "Flame On"! Oh, she loves it so much 😂😂

Seriously though, make sure you are well enough before getting back on the Westfield saddle, health comes before leading us reprobates around the Peaks! See you soon x

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Julie Hall - Joint Peak District AO said:

40 odd over 90 odd

Wow,take care👍

Perhaps I could give you some of my excess blood pressure?🤣

Last xmas mine was 230 over 120 😳

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CosKev said:

last xmas mine was 230 over 120 😳

Good grief!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Good grief!

That's sort of what the paramedics faces looked like!🤣

The one operating the machine was clearly shocked,so his m8 said 'you better run a test on that machine before we check his pressure again'🤣🤣🤣

Joking aside I was very lucky, no warning signs of the pressure being that high😳

They came to see me for a unrelated illness.

Could have had a massive stroke at anytime,know of people that have had massive strokes with way lower pressure😔

Good to hear you're feeling a bit better Julie! Hope you're better soon.

• Like 2

Glad to hear your on the mend 🥰

Fun times ahead, Margaret is in her late sixties (shhhh) and in bed It's like lying next to a radiator on full blast.....:oops:

• Haha 2