Uploading images issues

Quinten

i wonder what size you have to get to before it works, i can have a play if required

As suggested @Benrobson2999, try to resize them before you upload.  We've had a forum update this Sunday, after which this has started to happen, so until I find out what the issue is, you can work around it by uploading smaller images.

I know I'm abit special when it comes to pictures but I'm struggling the last couple of days 

Normally click add files

Camera 

Take the picture and it uploads

Its just not working 

What do you get on your display?  If you can capture screenshots along the way and email me at webmaster@wscc.co.uk then I may be able to see some helpful clues (to me) to identify what is going wrong, and if it is the same as the issue described above.

I've reached out to the forum developers as well.

I have worked out how to add an image using an iPad or iPhone, so through Safari browser.

See below for what to do.

Select your image, then click on Show selected at the bottom of the image upload selector

D9FF8361-608C-4A57-8B3D-68F85C36E8A5.jpeg.ec944e9f1ad83cd1b55df921ef431205.jpeg

You should then see this box with the actual size option bottom right, click that.

308F92C3-1BF8-4214-ADD4-3A6B38C78A77.jpeg.348722112a532938bd7da263929daaac.jpeg

Then you should get some sizing options. I chose Large and it worked fine

6533041B-A8D6-4B69-84D8-CFF6AB864E92.jpeg.ec5b40f4f05d8619fcda0b3090b54f2e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2021 at 18:06, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

What do you get on your display?  If you can capture screenshots along the way and email me at webmaster@wscc.co.uk then I may be able to see some helpful clues (to me) to identify what is going wrong, and if it is the same as the issue described above.

I've reached out to the forum developers as well.

Any progress on this?

I have noticed now when I try the workaround as I posted above the image gets rotated by 90 degrees. If I rotate the image 90 degrees and save it before uploading it makes no difference.

Sorry, there will be no update on this for the foreseeable future.  We're at the limits of our server+software so we are planning to upgrade server+software.

Just to clarify, it is being worked on, but it’s not going to be a quick resolution. We’re not looking at just a few weeks I’m afraid

Effectively the current system is having to be virtualised, ready for the whole server platform to be moved to new hardware, with a new OS, before we can even start transferring the forum over.

This is something we’d been looking in to for some time, and expected to have more time before the change over was required. But a recent security patch kind of screwed that up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

ready for the whole server platform to be moved to greasy hardware

Thanks Dave, although greasy hardware sounds “Iffy” 🤣

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just a thought, If it's not going to be a quick fix, would it be worth sending out a membership wide email with maybe a quick down and dirty guide on resizing?

I guess a lot of people don't visit this corner of the boardroom as still seems to be a fair few people struggling to post pics and the same explanations having to be given.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Just a thought, If it's not going to be a quick fix, would it be worth sending out a membership wide email with maybe a quick down and dirty guide on resizing?

I guess a lot of people don't visit this corner of the boardroom as still seems to be a fair few people struggling to post pics and the same explanations having to be given.

Alternatively @Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster is it possible to modify the txt, here to advise users of max files size, currently?

image.png.9670f1f223e802b3bcc6afbb12476154.png

• Quinten changed the title to Uploading images issues