Breakdown Cover

DWaldie

Thanks Guys. I'm gonna call the AA now and see what they can do. Plenty of alternatives :)

10 hours ago, DWaldie said:

Thanks Guys. I'm gonna call the AA now and see what they can do. Plenty of alternatives :)

You dont need to tell the AA you have a Westfield, you are covered as a driver of any car or even a passenger.  Ive never been asked what car I have in any communication with them, it doesn't matter.    You're asking them questions that they have no answer for,  because car model is irrelevent so dont worry.

I have a car specific policy. I called them yesterday and they changed my cover to the Westfield no problem! Anyway, I've now found I can get driver cover for my Wife and I for less than the AA charge for one car. We have three cars, so will be going that route when the time comes.

Thanks again 😉

I've got RAC take me home from anywhere any vehicle  in the uk.

Think it was about £70 annually. 

A few years ago they fetched the Yamaha  R1 home from Oban to west York's  after a bust rad.

You need to call though.

• 3 weeks later...

Auto Aid for me - used them twice with the Z3 and they were quick, fixed once and recovered once and I never got a bill.  I had understood you might get charged for some assistance but neve have been. If you have a car over 15 years old or 1 of your cars is, teh policy has just gone up by £15 - but still a reasonable £70 ish for all my 3 cars and anything else I drive.  

For those with AA policies be aware the company has just been taken over by a Private Equity company (so it is no longer a listed company) so things are changing to increase profits - this is unlikely to be in your favour.  

I'd never have the RAC again... Over £30/m premium for myself and wife as drivers... Roadside recovery... Aplan insurance add on £45/yr