Teesside friday 22nd

Andrew

Trackday at Teesside karting this Friday. All day £65

I wasn't going to do any more this year, but I've done some bits and bobs on the car I'd like to try out before hiding it away until next year some time.

It's cheap and fairly local for me, and the weather is looking OK for Friday, so I'm at the "seriously thinking about it" stage of booking. 😉 

At the moment they're showing 42 places left. Dont know how many they take, but I suspect there's not many booked on yet.

On line booking is here:

https://flow.alphatiming.co.uk/teesside?fbclid=IwAR2cMUJybr2eRnza8oPi4kQXxDs8sPc1VYQa3txcglVcITIgkyYhIscp_no

Anyone else fancy it?

Weather forecast still looking OK, so moved to stage two of the booking process.. see if I can fill two 20L jerry cans with Tesco's best without incurring any silly shennanigans.. stage two accomplished! 👍

Stoney with the red shed may be accompanying me. 🙂

23 hours ago, Andrew said:

Saxo? ..what Saxo?

next years hill climb car

3 hours ago, cast iron said:

next years hill climb car

I'm none the wiser Mark.. 🙂 Pics?

37 places left for the last of the late bookers. Looks like it'll be the first quiet one of the year for me. 

11 hours ago, Mole said:

Have fun Andrew and give it a good test ready for next year!

Thanks Martyn.

It's still looking dry, but a tad cool. 🥶

Pretty good day today. Only 19 cars booked on apparently, so no queues, and I dont think there was much in the way of red flags. I certainly never saw one.

The track is very bumpy in places, and tbh late in the day it was knocking the stuffing out of me a bit! A broken wing stay about an hour from the end was a good excuse to call it a day. 😉 Is it worth £65? .. of course it is! 🙂 

Two lads with Mazda turbo powered cars were there, so we had some fun. I struggled to keep up with the red MNR, but could hang on to the orange car. My car really struggled over the (very) bumpy parts of the circuit, and putting the power down onto the back straight was a bit of a waiting game.. 

One of the things I was trying out was the gear stick. I've had loads of trouble with the type 9 type extension fitted to the caterham six speed box, so I've tried going without. I've bent an expensive quaiffe stick and fitted it straight into the box. It sort of alters the plane of the "H" pattern from horizontaL to semu verical. Takes a bit of getting used to.  On the plus side, I didn't miss any gear changes, and it feels a lot more positive... but it does feel odd! Getting 2nd in particular felt very strange. Not sure if I'll stick with it or try the extension again.

So, other than a broken wing stay, the car behaved itself, roll on.....?? 

Will get a vid or two up at some point. Here's a couple of pics taken by Stoney.

P1200911.thumb.JPG.10bd8d43ca2e23b7cfa4ab1aac1343e6.JPGDSC_0144.thumb.JPG.914845432dcfd58e51811fd6d21b20c7.JPGDSC_0153.thumb.JPG.e3a4203aa161e2340aad6db3e3709dc9.JPGDSC_0155.thumb.JPG.c7d43a8b95eac6a2b76b1969c801ee7d.JPG

First video. I got let onto the circuit right behind the two Mazda powered cars, so after a quick warm up lap, gave chase. The orange car was trying a set of 15" slicks, but they didn't appear to work very well, and he later swapped back to, I think, AR1s.

..and last one, I promise.. 🙂

Afternoon session chasing the orange car. Watch out for the tank slapping Clio at around 6:40 in.