having issues

Richard (OldStager)

i havent been on for a few weeks and i had a request to pm someone, i tried but it would not send , i then tried to post something in the stuff thread together with a photo, the photo did not upload giving me this message after 3 minutes of it trying

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.

(Error code: -200)

hoping this post actually sends.

@Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster was someone else you were helping getting a similar error code, trying to upload pics?

i have just tried all that again and it worked this time, no clue why that happened though.

Yes, recently another member had the same error message.  I investigated it at the time and it appears to correlate to the size of the images, or possibly the size of the complete post combined.

I can see some errors in the webserver log relating to this, but because we have a finite amount of server memory, I'm hesitant to increase the (software defined) limit as it may be detrimental to the performance of the forums.

5 minutes ago, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

Yes, recently another member had the same error message.  I investigated it at the time and it appears to correlate to the size of the images, or possibly the size of the complete post combined.

I can see some errors in the webserver log relating to this, but because we have a finite amount of server memory, I'm hesitant to increase the (software defined) limit as it may be detrimental to the performance of the forums.

thanks for looking into it, it may well have been at my end as it worked 5 mins later with the same content of post. leave the software as it is i think.

thanks

richard

just to update yesterdays post, it was fine all day yesterday, but i have just logged on to post a link on the music thread and the youtube link does not embed as it would normally do and when i click send it just hangs on the saving page for 5 mins before giving me this message

The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: error: undefined.

still unsure if this is at my end or not, i have killed a few addons that i use with firefox but that hasn't made a difference.

i will try the link again shortly and see what happens.