Jump to content

otp96
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Paul Aspden The 2nd I will send this over in a minute, won’t let me upload it due to the format. Will try zipping it.

 

@DMc I have spoken to Patrick at Westfield and they don’t stock the AP master cylinder anymore sadly, I was wondering if you know of a alternative?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Standard 250 brake & clutch m/c installation if it’s any help.
 

650F32D6-AC3B-416A-9570-875CEE10873F.thumb.jpeg.821967558becad15287b3d14f44e1491.jpeg
 

9B064402-CE2B-44F1-BFB1-3D6A854F0080.thumb.jpeg.e21ec5358af2b807f00f034ac4f2f6f5.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO said:

Standard 250 brake & clutch m/c installation if it’s any help.
 

650F32D6-AC3B-416A-9570-875CEE10873F.thumb.jpeg.821967558becad15287b3d14f44e1491.jpeg
 

9B064402-CE2B-44F1-BFB1-3D6A854F0080.thumb.jpeg.e21ec5358af2b807f00f034ac4f2f6f5.jpeg

Thank you for this, I am hoping to mount them like this but I think my exhaust will run closer to the bulkhead so I’m worried about how warm it will get.

I have done a drawing of the front end of the car to help me get everything fitted, below is a 3” exhaust that I am planning using this route. Sadly my frame has the crossmember being a lot tighter over the 250’s.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 09.28.03.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ouch! It's already too close on the Sport 250 Chassis for my liking and your planned route is even closer. 

 

I guess you don't want to cut the chassis brace and weld in a longer item? Alternatively you could bolt in a brace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Ouch! It's already too close on the Sport 250 Chassis for my liking and your planned route is even closer. 

 

I guess you don't want to cut the chassis brace and weld in a longer item? Alternatively you could bolt in a brace. 

Yessssss I am not looking forward to routing the exhaust. I may find I will have to go on the other side of the crossmember, but that means it’s getting lower due to the steering column. Will have to see how close everything is once it is all in. 
I may go down to 2.5” exhaust that should help, will also mean I won’t need any reducers to go into the carbon exhaust. Cutting the frame will be my last resort. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/11/2021 at 13:31, otp96 said:

I have also contacted SCS Delta if they sell a mount for the GDI6 ECU. 

Could you share a picture of the GDI 6 and advise the difference from the 4?

 

The GDI 4 has mounting tabs on the side so I cannot imagine why SCS would not reuse the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tim Reid (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Could you share a picture of the GDI 6 and advise the difference from the 4?

 

The GDI 4 has mounting tabs on the side so I cannot imagine why SCS would not reuse the case.

The GDI6 is able to do a 6 pot engine, a lot more in and outputs abilities but sadly haven’t carried over a similar case. I was expecting some kind of tabs but they suggested to double sided tape it.. 

52C3EE25-694A-459B-9F9C-C84EDF88D27F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Ouch! It's already too close on the Sport 250 Chassis for my liking and your planned route is even closer. 

 

On 26/11/2021 at 09:31, otp96 said:

Sadly my frame has the crossmember being a lot tighter over the 250’s.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 09.28.03.png

 

Ah, I see your problem, it's not a Mega S2000/Sport 250 chassis with the different side diagonal, it's the stock chassis with two diagonals, intended for an exhaust routed between the two diagonals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

 

 

Ah, I see your problem, it's not a Mega S2000/Sport 250 chassis with the different side diagonal, it's the stock chassis with two diagonals, intended for an exhaust routed between the two diagonals.

Sadly not. But I am hoping I can just about to get away with it. I have looked at the SBD Westfield with a similar crossmember and looks like they have done this kind of route. But with the steering column being much higher up giving them more space. The drawing might not be 100% accurate as this was measured up when the car was still all together. Something I have kept meaning to do is to double check these dimensions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/11/2021 at 20:38, otp96 said:

Yessssss I am not looking forward to routing the exhaust. I may find I will have to go on the other side of the crossmember, but that means it’s getting lower due to the steering column. Will have to see how close everything is once it is all in. 
I may go down to 2.5” exhaust that should help, will also mean I won’t need any reducers to go into the carbon exhaust. Cutting the frame will be my last resort. 


I think you said you were considering a different turbo at a point in time, it might be worth looking into that now, so you can define it’s position with a custom manifold and make the downpipe routing easier to deal with.

 

It’s a bit more upfront cost, but it’s done from the start then (… save on downstream costs such as ECU re-calibration).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CroftCraig said:


I think you said you were considering a different turbo at a point in time, it might be worth looking into that now, so you can define it’s position with a custom manifold and make the downpipe routing easier to deal with.

 

It’s a bit more upfront cost, but it’s done from the start then (… save on downstream costs such as ECU re-calibration).

 

In time I might go for a upgrade on a turbo, but I want to see how the car handles it first. I have plenty more things I need to upgrade before getting even more power. I believe the X47 turbos have the down pipe in the same position to a standard turbo and should see over 300bhp. If the outlet is in a slightly different position then hopefully I can just change the link pipe slightly. For calibration, I work with dyno’s and my father has spent 30 years as a calibration engineer working on many nice cars. Luckily this will save a lot of time and money with getting the car setup with how I want it to feel and drive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slow and steady progress is being made, fuel system is temporarily in place so I can start to look at the fuel lines. Almost have the return line sorted and just waiting on some new P clips now to finish it off. May start to look at the fuel feed that runs up the tunnel tomorrow.

 

7CC81D8A-BB98-4B07-8166-DD097539116A.jpeg.269a2b07025db37a2c276fd15571354c.jpeg


I will like to change the 1/2 fuel feed union to a 90° fitting so the flexi hose won’t be as long and should hopefully go together a little easier and nicer. Will also give the plate a coat so it looks a little nicer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, otp96 said:

In time I might go for a upgrade on a turbo, but I want to see how the car handles it first. I have plenty more things I need to upgrade before getting even more power. I believe the X47 turbos have the down pipe in the same position to a standard turbo and should see over 300bhp. If the outlet is in a slightly different position then hopefully I can just change the link pipe slightly. For calibration, I work with dyno’s and my father has spent 30 years as a calibration engineer working on many nice cars. Luckily this will save a lot of time and money with getting the car setup with how I want it to feel and drive.


Sensible 🙂

And agree, power likely not needed - if truth be told the only reason I opted for EFR turbo and fabricating manifold to place it where I wanted was purely for packaging - original TC & position simply wouldn’t fit in my installation.

 

And calibration background will for sure help a lot. It was one of the main reasons I retained the Bosch controller - OEM platform has some great advantages, though not accessible/manageable for most.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CroftCraig I can understand why you did the upgrade now. Hopefully I can get away with the standard manifold but have to wait and see.

Dave Gemzoe order has just arrived this morning so hopefully can get the engine all finished by the end of the weekend ready for next week when the gearbox adapter plate should arrive. Feeling like it’s starting to come together now with orders on the way after many months of waiting!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Engine 90% done. Just need some new seals for the injectors to fuel rail as I had to take the fuel rail off. Hopefully get everything finished tomorrow once I have the new seals.

Few things I need to get straight like the alternator Batt tab, as @Tim Reid (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AOwarned me about, the tab protrudes out slightly into coolant hose. And double checking with Dave Gemzoe on the fitting of the vacuum pump delete.

 

757729F8-3435-4B91-B500-8DEEF094045C.jpeg

D014CCC1-8CE0-4678-BC2D-92421604EBD9.jpeg

2D1F0192-DE94-488C-B901-5F15BF3D3C6F.jpeg

F19B5A7D-1316-4510-BB9C-E41D1AB250C2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.