Isle of Man

Morley

Sorry if not in right place 😬😬 

next year fancy going away for a few nights in my megabusa areo screen and full cage to Isle of Man or maybe elsewhere (want to build up to Europe trip) 

im concerned about rain!!! Me I’ll dry but the megabusa will it be ok? Fuse board looks really close to vents in bonnet? I’ve no wet weather gear but bucket grp seats and a carbon dash 

thank you for the advice 

I compete in my car in all weather and I was also concerned about the fuse box being below the engine cover vents. I did two things that together have kept them dry and working perfectly even in a heavy rain -

- first I made a rain gutter on the bulkhead right above the fuse boxes. I used a piece of 90° angle and double sticky taped it above the fuses so water running down the surface of the bulkhead will go into the gutter and off to the side of the fuses.

- I also covered each of the two fuse boxes with close fitting plastic bag and put a heavy rubber band around the box to hold it in place.

The two things together seem to do a good job of keeping water away from the boxes and if it gets there the plastic bag keeps things dry.

dave

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Morley said:

Sorry if not in right place 😬😬 

next year fancy going away for a few nights in my megabusa areo screen and full cage to Isle of Man or maybe elsewhere (want to build up to Europe trip) 

im concerned about rain!!! Me I’ll dry but the megabusa will it be ok? Fuse board looks really close to vents in bonnet? I’ve no wet weather gear but bucket grp seats and a carbon dash 

thank you for the advice 

Not a problem. 

We did the Alps in biblical rain - cars never suffered from any water-related ailments over the 1500 miles or more that we did. And I mean Biblical rain!

As you can see - all are aeroscreen and even a MegaBusa in the mix. 

15211142-BA0D-4A0A-8B7C-C901D619891F.jpeg

49566E70-21DE-4F3A-A462-FF3DA5006FEA.jpeg

but did I mention the biblical rain?

569FFFA1-7F48-4CD0-AFB6-A4011D71B560.jpeg

• Haha 2

My dream is to do a trip like this one day in mine too

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice going to start planning now 👍👍

5 hours ago, Kingster said:

Not a problem. 

We did the Alps in biblical rain - cars never suffered from any water-related ailments over the 1500 miles or more that we did. And I mean Biblical rain!

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2021 at 06:22, Kingster said:

Not a problem. 

And that was before the rain.

Just wanted to jump in and add that I can highly recommend the IOM, done it several times in my Westy and being able to drive flat out (in the dry) on public roads, legally is simply awesome.

You just have to be respectful of others on the road, be paranoid about the speed limits in towns & villages and keep an eye on your mirrors….being overtaken by a bike doing 200mph+ is quite interesting.

We always stay at the Sefton Hotel in Douglas, it’s right in the town, has sea views, is 5mins from the ferry and has an underground car park !

This is the view from the Creg ny Baa

CF160AA8-6CE9-443E-909E-D8BF3FAF9816.jpeg

• Like 3