Austrian guy with 7 SE says HELLO :-) (be nice to me ^^)

Pete75

Hi Westies, 

my name is Peter, I'm 46 years young, living in western Austria (near lake constance) and proud owner of a Westfield 7 SE. 

Unfortunately the live axis of my beauty tried to pass me on my last ride end of august... hm... okay, it didn't just "try"... there was a traffic sign (with accent on "was")... therefor silencer and frame have a lightly different design now (but the traffic sign also! :D). My first thoughts were like "oh no %!$§/!§$" (you can feel me? ^^) but because I'm a lucky boy the damages are not that bad and seem to be repairable without to much efforts.  

Now I will search the forum for the right chapters to place my questions. Maybe I will find the answers for my questions before, than I won't create a new topic. 

I hope you'll welcome me and I hope you are familiar with "stupid newbie questions". 🙂

Edited by Pete75
  • Like 2

:ww: Peter. Once you're fully signed up, we'd like to see some pics! Not necessarily of the damaged side 😉 

Tech is the best place for Technical questions. The search function is good too. I hope you find the answers you seek.

We had a great trip to Austria in 2019 and stayed in Nauders. You've got some great roads. We planned to go back in 2020 and 2021, but some certain international event has stopped us. We'll be triple jabbed by 2022, so hopefully we can return.

Welcome, Peter. I can't help you with the questions about repairing your SE, but I'm sure that others can and will.

It will help those who can answer your questions to know how old the car is, and whether it is a wide body or a narrow body.

• Like 1

Welcome Peter , sorry to hear of your mishap ( it’s character building ) your in the right place for help and support .

like Ian said once signed up as a full member it’s dead easy to post pictures to illustrate a point or question and there’s a lot of knolage on here.

hope you get sorted sooner rather than later

Welcome Peter,

You're in the right place to get the help you need.

No such thing as a stupid question, if you don't know something you don't know it! Just ask and somebody will help.:yes:

G’day mate, let’s put another shrimp on the barbie!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

G’day mate, let’s put another shrimp on the barbie!

He said Austria you muppet…

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Pete75 said:

Austria (near lake constance)

Oooh what a lovely place to live - drove through the area on our Alps tour a few years back 

FAC75003-D513-40F4-99AA-2C040255B963.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah, we have some really great roads for biker and 7-cars. 😉

I was infected by the 7-virus 3 years ago when a good friend invited me for a ride with his Caterham. I could not get the smile out of my face for days and after 3 years of daily begging at my wife she spent me the Westie on my last birthday. 

I hope for good news regarding the costs for the repair and to find info about where to find the needed spare parts but therefor I have created topics in the tech area. 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kingster said:

He said Austria you muppet…

do you think? 🥸

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

do you think? 🥸

Not sure which of us is “dumber” though…

Hey guys, keep cool. The difference between Austria and Australia are 2 tiny letters and it happens a lot that people mix it up. 🙂 I'm fine with it even if I've never heard the phrase "let’s put another shrimp on the barbie". 😄

Here's my beauty:
20210731_143819mijgz.jpg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Pete75 said:

Hey guys, keep cool.

Don’t worry - @Rush Motorsport and myself have a long history of “taking the p” or joking with each other. It’s just friendly banter. He was referring to a scene from the film “dumb and dumber” so please don’t take offence 😁👍

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Kingster said:

Don’t worry - @Rush Motorsport and myself have a long history of “taking the p” or joking with each other. It’s just friendly banter. He was referring to a scene from the film “dumb and dumber” so please don’t take offence 😁👍

So which of you is "dumb" and which one is "dumber"?  Inquiring minds want to know. 😛

• Haha 2

Welcome to the madhouse, I’ve passed through your way with some mates.125DA71A-A3F1-4DEB-8FD0-B3558EB0A8AF.thumb.jpeg.e07e3e1a90ebd8f52f32b3ac3b1f537e.jpeg