Westfield World Autumn edition- Magazine :)

Benrobson2999 - Kent AO

@Chris Smith My two boys Tom, Leo and my Dad spent the whole of last year building the Westfield that now takes pride of place in the workshop and without your initial vision and legacy we might never have done so.

The boys now have a greater depth of mechanics and my Dad and I are closer than ever. 

Thank you

• Like 5

@Chris Smith Just to echo the above, thank you for giving us these cars that we all love so much, and I'm very sorry to hear about your health situation. I think I speak for everyone that we really enjoyed your contribution to the magazine in the latest issue and I would very much like to publish more of your stories should you wish to share them in future issues.

• Like 3

My story is but one of thousands that can be traced back directly to your story from 1982. On its own, it wouldn't stand out particularly much against the others. It follows the inspiration, build, and upgrade path of many others (though perhaps less sensible). But for me it came along at exactly the right time and gave me the self-worth and self-confidence that I was sorely lacking at the time, and a decade of enjoyment and friends since. My story stands out to me, so thank you.

• Like 1

@Chris Smith As well as many years of enjoyment after picking up my kit from you in 1996, I've made countless new friends through the club and now have a small business that exists as a direct result of all this. Thank you!

• Like 1

Chris, if you read this, I think I was sprinting at Curborough about the same time as you, back in the late 60's If memory serves me right. I had a "frogeye" Sprite and a friend of mine had a red mkI Sebring Sprite. You probably wont remember us, as I only did 2 seasons, and my friend David only did one season, before he moved on to circuit racing in an early Mallock.

Dear Mr Chairman @John Dolan - Chairman sir…

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but that bit in paragraph 4 of Chairman’s Chat about events and prices from 1986, which you “lifted” (plagiarism is such an ugly word - and hard to spell when you’ve been drinking) from my opening intro in the 30th anniversary special magazine, did not go unnoticed.  I may be old, fat, and losing my remaining marbles, but my eyesight is still hawk-like and I spotted it.

You, sir, are busted and you owe me a pint at Stoneleigh in May next year.  Bring your wallet.

Yours,

Captain Old Fat Hawk (Mrs)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

you owe me a pint at Stoneleigh in May next year.  Bring your wallet.

Pints will be free for WSCC members at next years Stoneleigh so my advice is request something else 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, marcusb said:

Pints will be free for WSCC members at next years Stoneleigh so my advice is request something else 😂

That won’t be until the evening after the AGM.  He’ll have to buy me one at lunchtime.

Maybe two.

• Haha 1

On 04/10/2021 at 16:45, Captain Colonial said:

Dear Mr Chairman @John Dolan - Chairman sir…

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but that bit in paragraph 4 of Chairman’s Chat about events and prices from 1986, which you “lifted” (plagiarism is such an ugly word - and hard to spell when you’ve been drinking) from my opening intro in the 30th anniversary special magazine, did not go unnoticed.  I may be old, fat, and losing my remaining marbles, but my eyesight is still hawk-like and I spotted it.

Plagiarism?

Because you remember events from 1986 doesn’t mean they are exclusive to you. It’s not first come, first served. I was there too, and any similarities to your article are purely circumstantial. 
However, in an act of friendship I will buy you a pint next time we meet, although I will expect a pint in return. 
As for you being old, fat and losing your marbles, I have no comment. 

Yours,

Current chairman, with most of his marbles. 

Spot the difference:

636B4DEC-0538-4730-8B7B-18F6D6BC677A.jpeg

2021:

128B8648-4CE9-491C-8648-F5E50EFA8900.jpeg

Looking forward to that pint, boss 😝🤣👍🍺

Me too. 🍺

Don’t you just love Google.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 13:37, Chris Smith said:

WOW WOW what on earth did I start. I am will always be proud of all old and new members. You may not know that I am seriously ill in hospital (terminal) and want to make the most of everything.I’ve had the most fantastic life being my own boss since 1965. Done all things I wanted to do from early days Curborough to Monaco in a GP car.

Anything I can help with just shout

cheers

chris

Relatively new to the Westfield family, having wanted one for many years, can only thank Chris for his foresight and drive to produce some fine cars over his time. Pretty sure that along with the other members & indeed owners of these wonderful little things, we owe you a massive debt of gratitude for all the pleasure (and pain I’m sure, my knuckles will testify) your cars have given us. 

• Like 3