New Member - Nantwich, Cheshire: SE FW - Some Car Pics

CherryTreeFW

I have only owned my Westfieldfor a handful of weeks and I thought it was time to share some photos of my pride and joy. It is an SE FW on a 21 plate powered by a Blacktop Zetec 2.0l engine and fuelled by an Omex 600 ECU and Omex throttlebodies. 8" wheels at the back help get the power down nad 7" ones up front keep it looking trim and nimble. I don't have the available time to have built it myself (much as I would have liked to) so I acquired it from Toybox - hats off to Andy and Dale for help, advice and service.

I do plan to maintain/ service it and upgrade/ adjust/ fettle it myself although the only work I've done on it so far is replacing a couple of fuses and pop-riveting the presstud bases for the door straps!

Having joined WSCC the next step is to get involved with the North Staffs and East Cheshire WSCC group as we live a few miles outside Nantwich in the fields of the Cheshire Plain.

If anyone from my neck of the woods happens across this topic, please do say hello!

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpg

• Like 5

Hello  @CherryTreeFW welcome from North Staffs. I'll look forward to meeting you and your nice red car at the Golden Pheasant soon.

Welcome! I and a few others from the Cheshire & N. Staffs area are probably not to far away from you, we're over in and around the Sandbach area. 

Our next meet is a week on Thursday, as Ian said, at the Golden Pheasant, Plumley, at which you'd be most welcome to join us! (7.30pm, first Thursday of the month).

Lovely looking Westfield, and sounds a great spec. :yes:

• Like 1

Ian thanks - I haven'tbeen in the Golden Pheasant in Plumley for years! When do you meet there, or is it a bit more informal? I like how you've included your "work tool" on your profile. I think I'll have to declare my Disco Sport in the same bracket!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Hello  @CherryTreeFW welcome from North Staffs. I'll look forward to meeting you and your nice red car at the Golden Pheasant soon.

Ian thanks - I haven'tbeen in the Golden Pheasant in Plumley for years! When do you meet there, or is it a bit more informal? I like how you've included your "work tool" on your profile. I think I'll have to declare my Disco Sport in the same bracket!

6 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Welcome! I and a few others from the Cheshire & N. Staffs area are probably not to far away from you, we're over in and around the Sandbach area. 

Our next meet is a week on Thursday, as Ian said, at the Golden Pheasant, Plumley, at which you'd be most welcome to join us! (7.30pm, first Thursday of the month).

Lovely looking Westfield, and sounds a great spec. :yes:

Dave, thanks for the reply. My boysare at Sandbach School so although we live the other side of the Weaver (nearChurch Minshull) we know Sandbach a little.

I'll try to get across next Thursday evening; it will be good to meet more members and get involved. 😀

• Like 1

Some lovely roads around you - used to visit a client probably only a mile or two from you a few years back; really must head out into that area with the Westfield!

2 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Welcome to the club, first job, fit an air filter! 

@Rush Motorsport Ha! I thought someone would spot that - you get first prize! It was off for two minutes to have a look at the TB's in action. Rest assured I've never driven it without the air filter! 😂

3 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Some lovely roads around you - used to visit a client probably only a mile or two from you a few years back; really must head out into that area with the Westfield!

@Gadgetman - the roads have deteriorated a bit (haven't they everyehere) but you are right some great scenery and fab roads for an evening whizz out to clear the cobwebs.

• Like 1

Welcome from South Derbyshire. I'm a fellow Toybox owner, nice to see you bought the right colour car! 😂

You will have to come along to a Peak District meet or two, not too far from Nantwich 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RobH72 said:

Welcome from South Derbyshire. I'm a fellow Toybox owner, nice to see you bought the right colour car! 😂

You will have to come along to a Peak District meet or two, not too far from Nantwich 👍

Thanks Rob - yes Toybox were great to deal with - and only one colour car for me! I wish I had opted for yellow calipers tho - would have set it off nicely. 🙂

Where and when do you meet? You're right its not much of a jorney, but into some great scenery and roads....

3 minutes ago, CherryTreeFW said:

Thanks Rob - yes Toybox were great to deal with - and only one colour car for me! I wish I had opted for yellow calipers tho - would have set it off nicely. 🙂

Where and when do you meet? You're right its not much of a jorney, but into some great scenery and roads....

Keep an eye on the Local Meets section on here, @Julie Hall - Joint Peak District AO organises some fantastic days out throughout the year with people attending from all over to meet up, drive the great roads and eat loads of cake! 😂

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CherryTreeFW said:

Where and when do you meet?

Thanks Rob👍

Hi CherryTree,

Welcome to the club, that's a lovely looking car with an excellent set up, Zetec's are the best! I like the driveway, it sets the car off beautifully.

We meet most weekends, mostly on a Sunday at 10am, mostly around the Bakewell/Matlock area and do a different route every time, ending up at mostly different places. 

Please come and join us all, we operate throughout the winter, not in the wet so much but certainly on cold, bright days.

Hope to see you and your car soon,

Julie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Julie Hall - Joint Peak District AO said:

Thanks Rob👍

Hi CherryTree,

Welcome to the club, that's a lovely looking car with an excellent set up, Zetec's are the best! I like the driveway, it sets the car off beautifully.

We meet most weekends, mostly on a Sunday at 10am, mostly around the Bakewell/Matlock area and do a different route every time, ending up at mostly different places. 

Please come and join us all, we operate throughout the winter, not in the wet so much but certainly on cold, bright days.

Hope to see you and your car soon,

Julie

Julie

Thanks, that’s really kind - hopefully I’ll be able to get over one weekend soon before the weather deteriorates too much! 😀

• Like 2