Fireblade - Oil Filter came lose at Blyton!!

Matt748

Hi all,

This may be a stupid question.. but here goes! last winter I fitted a Mocal oil cooler & sandwich plate etc... I've done 11 track days so far this year.. earlier this week at Blyton my oil filter came lose and decorated my engine bay... 'not as bad as Cadwell' 🙄.... it came undone by about 2mm.

When I fitted the sandwich plate there was no marking for flow or return to the oil cooler AB 'Andy bates' of ex AB Performance said to connect either way from the plate to the cooler, I've had no issues with oil temp or water but I was thinking should the oil not flow / spin so it keeps the filter tight not pushing against it? or may be it has just shook it self lose? 

I was going to call Mocal on Monday as they are really helpful but has any one had experience of this previously? 

Hard to say without seeing it, but usually remote filter housings do have a flow direction.

That may or may not have contributed to the filter coming loose, but I would lockwire it from now on!

• Like 1

Take a look at the Merlin Motorsport page as that gives guidance on the direction of slow.  The oil should go in via the outside and back through the middle of the filter.

• Like 1