SEight 5.1 for sale: now sold

BrianBas

Westfield SEight 5.1 For sale

Now I am 75 years, this exceptional Westfield is outperforming me so after just over two years fun, I will have to pass it on and enable one of our ‘normal cars’ to go in the garage.   Very much a one-off car with incredible performance, and numerous special components.

Personal plate W7 BEH (my initials) to go with car or original  replaced - discussable!

General / Bodywork

Registered – 2004   V5 note for emissions to ensure easy MoT pass

Current mileage – 14,500, I am 4th owner ( 2nd & 3rd were short ownerships)

Westfield wide body with FW (Featherweight) panels, Crimson

Carbon composite dash, boot panel and rear arch protectors

Carbon NV aeroscreen and front wings

Westermann Motorsport carbon fibre half doors

Fibreglass half tonneau (passenger side only), quickly removable

Rose jointed RAC roll bar (not currently fitted, stiff enough)

Purpose made long-range foam filled fuel tank, holds close to 50L though filling to top takes time and patience.

Intatrim Stoneleigh GT seats with 2 stage heating - passenger seat usually removed for solo driving with tonneau and Purpose made luggage space - currently off, quickly refitted.

Schroth FIA approved harnesses

Carbon Mick carbon fibre chassis rail protectors

Carbon front wings

Rose jointed front anti-roll bar, currently not fitted

Special fuel tank, close to 49L capacity, safety foam filled

Quality dust cover for garage storage

Weatherproof, soft lined external cover (I have not used)

2 Rainproof cockpit covers (used when touring)

Engine

5.1 V8 built by V8 Developments of Spalding 2003.

Currently range of 300 - 350bhp @ 5300rpm,

Jenvey throttle bodies with ITG filters (latter recently replaced with new aluminium mounting plate.)

Camshaft Kent cams ground to V8DP404, solid followers, block decked by 40 thou; top hat liners, compression ration 9.88:1  Cross drilled main bearings, lightweight flywheel and heavy duty clutch. Electronic ignition DTA

Converted to dry sump in 2010 -  3 stage John Eales dry sump with oil tank in engine bay/part passenger well, remote filter at front of engine.  Aeroquip fittings throughout.    Aluminium oil catch tank with breathers to both rocker covers

Bespoke stainless steel exhaust.  Headers in 42mm, 4 into 1 each side (55mm) then 2 into 1 with two silencers neatly tucked under centre tunnel. Designed to meet track sound test limits. Single large centre exit avoids side exhausts.

Transmission

5 speed Rover R380 gearbox, (recently overhauled selector/grub screw mechanism)

Race Line supplied Ford Sierra 7” diff with ZF  LSD 3.38 ratio

Steering / Suspension/Brakes

Specifications for suspension and set-up development by head of Audi Chassis Dynamics (UK), while builder was testing at Nordschleife

Nitron dampers, matched to springs

Image 3 piece billet 15x7” wheels (1950’s/60’s Ferrari style)

Nankang NS-2R 205/50/15 fitted at 12,500 miles

Steering Rack - quick rack 2.1 turns lock to lock with stops

BG quick release hub for 300mm steering wheel

4 pot front calipers with drilled / vented discs. Spare discs

Sierra rear calipers with drilled / vented discs

Instrumentation

Stack ST8130 Digidash Plus with full parameter recording and lap timing

DTA ECU providing traction control (on/off) and wet or dry; launch control

Four wheel sensors for above.  ECU accessed via DTA windows 10 software; RS232 interface and ‘dyno box’ to control during engine run.

Always garaged, where I have a 2 post hydraulic lift.  This was mainly used for my previous Zetec SEiW Westfield and also enabled me to lift and park wife’s car under it (with just rear wheels removed) for winter.    The hydraulic lift is powered from a pump operating off standard 13amp socket and has a lift approx 2.5m.   The lift system can be sold as an addition to the car or will be sold separately.

I generally drive in single seater configuration with purpose made fibreglass half tonneau, but easily removed and passenger seat re-fitted. (as current)   Both seats heated (fitted by last owner) but I think unnecessary as after warm up, engine heat into cockpit sufficient for winter use, and more than sufficient in summer.

DTA ECU timing settings slightly changed from original to ensure running on 95Ron petrol - can easily be adjusted by laptop - I have Linx1010 set up to access ECU via RS232 and all connecting cables and intermediate rare dyno box - can be included in the deal. Builder believes change was unnecessary and 350BHP available.

August MoT with no advisable.

Available Now £14,500.    PM for phone number to discuss anything

IMG_6104.jpeg

IMG_6106.jpeg

IMG_2393.jpeg

IMG_2387.jpeg

IMG_2371.jpeg

IMG_2379.jpeg

IMG_2383.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_2127.jpeg

IMG_6099.JPG

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_6188.JPG

• Like 4

Does seem really good value for someone wanting a special car. GLWTS. 

What an absolute stunning Westie, must be incredible drive! You will miss this loads. Fantastic buy for someone!

Andy

2 hours ago, Greenstreak-Andy D said:

What an absolute stunning Westie, must be incredible drive! You will miss this loads. Fantastic buy for someone!

Andy

Thanks, and yes, I thought I would never move it on (at least till I'm over 80) but I also feel selfish keeping it in the garage for only 1000 miles a year and unable to take advantage of the performance.   I'm now happy with my Skoda/caravan combination and the wife's Mercedes CLK 300.   None have the slightest comparison with the Westy performance.  However even Sir Stirling gave up at 80!   I also drive a Lotus 25 and 49 on my simulator - pretty slow at that as well! 

Brian

24 minutes ago, Storvite said:

Brian can I come and take a look please, I’m in basildon 

Yes, PM me please for my phone number.  Out much of today but should be easy to arrange for Friday/Saturday

Brian

1 minute ago, BrianBas said:

Yes, PM me please for my phone number.  Out much of today but should be easy to arrange for Friday/Saturday

Brian

Hi Brian I sent a pm as well

Hi Brian, I have cleared tomorrow so can see you then, 

regards

stuart

This is now sold - how do I alter the first item heading to say that!!

Brian

• Like 1

• Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator changed the title to SEight 5.1 for sale: now sold
6 minutes ago, BrianBas said:

This is now sold - how do I alter the first item heading to say that!!

Brian

just done it for you Brian 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marcusb said:

just done it for you Brian 👍

Thanks Very much. Could not  find the edit own post mode.   Didn't manage to find the 'bold' mode for the heading - would you amend also please

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.