Driving test changes!

Blatman

Being of an age(old) too have trailer and up to 7.5t included for free I don't see that much problem and welcome the opening up of the catagories. However I would suggest that anybody driving larger trailers especially the vehicle transporter size have a voluntary training session to point out the salient points. I'm driving a rig at the moment totalling approximately 17m long and the pre-thought to driving is quite intense especially in tight town conditions. Additionally I would like to see more included in the basic training/test so that other users realise what large vehicles have to cope with, I constantly get drivers trying to push in between the truck and the trailer😒

What they should have done is kept the training but allowed the companies who run courses to pass them. It works for motorbike CBT.

This has effectively just cost some companies a lot of money who have invested to carry out training.

The testing for HGV is common sense really, do class one and then drive anything