L👀king for my Dad's Yellow 1700 Burton X-Flow SE Westfield Please

SteviePACS3

Hi All, I hope this is OK to post?

I'm keen on locating the current owner of my Dad's Yellow 1700 Burton X-Flow Westfield that he built from scratch circa 2002. I can see from the registration search that it is currently sorn (correct at time of posting on Sat 4th Sep 2021).

I'm interested in speaking with the current owner to see if they are willing to sell the car back to me, as I would like to bring it back into the family under my ownership, as my Dad is now 80 and deteriorating in health. He spent so much time preparing this car and it meant so much to him, following on in his petrol head footsteps as I have for years, I would like to restore it to it's former glory and enjoy it with him whilst I can.

I have attached an image of the car which was taken shortly after he registered it and the reg is FMA 79F (I too hope this is OK and does not offend the current owner or break any forum rules).

Many thanks in advance, Ste.

022_DR.JPG

Have you considered using one of the car history search systems?

https://www.caranalytics.co.uk/select-product

Even the free version gives good info but £9 isn't much to get all of the info.

It could help.

You can see it has very low mileage, only 100 miles or so a year.

Thanks for the reply. This tells me about the vehicle itself and not the owner information / whereabouts of the vehicle.  I have already used a similar hpi check service via the vehicle smart app which pretty much costs the same and gives me the same data, but thank you for the suggestion. I think my next step is to request the owner location from the DVLA if I have no success on here. Cheers.

Unfortunately from my own experience you’ll get nowhere with the DVLA. There’s only a few very specific reasons where they’ll release owner information such as if they’ve been involved in an accident with you or for parking fines, sadly there’s no legal methods of obtaining contact details  or even asking them to forward a letter to them (I've tried!).

you may get lucky and find someone that knows the car but with such a low annual mileage it may not be easy, it’s only covered 78 miles in the last seven years so I’m guessing it’s just been driven to the MOT and back again, so it won’t have been spotted out and about the same as those that get driven frequently or at club meets.

good luck 🤞 

Hi - you could also try posting on the Westfield Sportscars and Westfield kit car sites on Facebook (apologies if you've already tried this!).

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.