looking to get in touch with John Cobb (MB893)

scoob

I wonder if anyone has contact details for John Cobb (MB893) ?

I am the owner of the Megablade that he built and has featured a few times on this forum. The car drives as beautifully as it looks.

We just had our first track day together at the Portimao Autodromo in Portugal and apart from a few cooling issues the day went extremely well. The car outperforming all expectations.

If anyone out there is still in touch with him, maybe they could give him a nudge?

I can't help in tracing him, but he isn't a member anymore and last logged on here early 2015, sorry if you knew that already.

Yes I saw that the last log in was eons ago. I was hoping that someone in the club might still be in contact with him.  Hopefully he is still in the scene somewhere.

Can’t help but very interested in the Portimao track day and how you went about organising it! 

I signed up through the Autodromo website. autodromoalgarve.com. As I live down here the rest was pretty simple.

I cant speak highly enough about the track tho, not that I've got much experience outside of a bit of karting. It has a few blind crests and turn ins that make sure you're paying attention and a scorchingly fast downhill right hander last corner.  I Highly recommend it.

I was struggling with keeping the engine cool enough with the oil temp going through the roof by the end of the straight. This is why I wanted to speak with John, apart from just congratulating him on his build, I had some Q's regarding airflow and bodywork. I Know that he had carried out some aero tests on the car.  

We do still have some contact details for John, BUT, I've no idea if they're still current. While obviously, I can't pass them on, if you PM me your contact info, mobile, email and a quick message for him about your reason for getting in touch, I will forward it on to the last known email address we have for him.

I think he also made and sold dog agility kits so could be another route to reach him