Hello! New member, first post!

Piars400

Good evening

My first post as a new member and owner. Based in Surbiton, Surrey.

I’ve recently taken over the running of a 2004 SEiW as built by my father in Northern Ireland. He’s still going strong BTW, just has his eyes on another project, so I “bought” it off him and we road-tripped it to Surbiton at the start of July.

Before he let it go, he made a few

mods to the original 2004 spec. She is running an 1800 silver-top Zetec on Jenvey throttle bodies now with longer air horns, courtesy of SBD Motorsport and a Westfield carbon 6” de-cat silencer. When I got it over from NI, we had it mapped by Steve Greenald to 147 BHP. All this transformed the performance beyond recognition. I can’t recommend Steve at SBD and Steve Greenald highly enough.

Over the winter I plan a suspension upgrade from the stock Westfield parts it was built with - I’ve already been in touch with Dennis at Siltech and he’s been a great help. Will also go down to 15” or 13” rims from the current 16” I have.

But for now, I’m just enjoying punting around the Surrey hills, getting to know the car and avoiding cyclists! 

So, a question. Where and when is the nearest meet to Surbiton? Would be good to meet up with a crowd soon!

Cheers

Philip

Some shots of the car:

104EAC59-B066-497C-8A20-93E54656D2CF.thumb.jpeg.ced3a2e2be2a6275ab0a019ff48a0f0e.jpeg

1AE5E92A-75D4-42DA-8008-2CD6EFD399D1.thumb.jpeg.311d0edbb043e64b77478c2701a6e4b7.jpeg

• Like 6

Hello Philip,

What a great first post, welcome.

I can't answer your question on your local meets, but someone will be along soon I am sure.

Oh, and you have the best colour car as well 😉

Richard

Thanks Richard!

She’s due a good wash this week! It’s hard to keep the dirt off it on some of these roads! 

Cheers

P

Hi Philip

I'm over in Weybridge and in the middle of an FW build with a 2.0 Zetec and throttle bodies. The nearest meet I've found is over at Thames Valley - they're very welcoming and tend to meet up about once a month. Drop Steve Thorne (Steve T) a note, he's the joint AO. It was useful to see your comments about SBD as I was going to give them a call once I'm finished to see if they will set up a Zetec on OMEX ITBs, as they appear to be more Vauxhall & MBE ECU focussed.

2 hours ago, SteveB21 said:

Hi Philip

I'm over in Weybridge and in the middle of an FW build with a 2.0 Zetec and throttle bodies. The nearest meet I've found is over at Thames Valley - they're very welcoming and tend to meet up about once a month. Drop Steve Thorne (Steve T) a note, he's the joint AO. It was useful to see your comments about SBD as I was going to give them a call once I'm finished to see if they will set up a Zetec on OMEX ITBs, as they appear to be more Vauxhall & MBE ECU focussed.

Thanks Steve 

Will drop Steve T a note as you suggest. 

Given the age of mine (SVA’d in 2004), it is on an old MBE 956, so SBD were well placed to advise. Worth a call anyway as the worst they can do is point you in the right direction!

Good luck with the build and see you out soon I’m sure.

• Thanks 1

On 17/08/2021 at 21:15, Piars400 said:

Thanks Steve 

Will drop Steve T a note as you suggest. 

Given the age of mine (SVA’d in 2004), it is on an old MBE 956, so SBD were well placed to advise. Worth a call anyway as the worst they can do is point you in the right direction!

Good luck with the build and see you out soon I’m sure.

Hi David,

Not seen a message yet but it would be great to see you at or monthly meets at the Bird in Hand Knowl Hill nr Maidenhead.

Steve T

On 23/08/2021 at 21:27, Steven Thorne (Steve T) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Hi David,

Not seen a message yet but it would be great to see you at or monthly meets at the Bird in Hand Knowl Hill nr Maidenhead.

Steve T

Good morning Steve

I dropped an email to the Thames Valley group address but maybe you didn’t get it? 

Keen to come say hi, so let me know when the next meet is. Don’t I have a WhatsApp group for it or something?

Cheers

P

On 22/08/2021 at 14:45, DavidMiller said:

Welcome! I'm also based in Surbiton so will look out for you on the roads!

Good to know a fellow Surbitonite! How are you getting on with all the speed bumps? Trying to get out of town is a bl**** nightmare for my sump! 

yeah its a tricky one - slowest car on the road navigating the bumps, and always worried as the sump is the lowest point. So far i've managed to not do any damage by keeping the centre of the car away from the highest point of the bump - and of course find routes out with minimum speed bumps! Definitely something you pay attention to more compared to a standard car! 

• Like 2