Classic Replicas Viper Cobra Replica Kit Car - NOW SOLD

KugaWestie

Notoriously one of the most difficult kits to build, but one of the strongest kits once built. The chassis is particularly robust. The car has no squeaks or rattles.

Just over 600 miles covered in the car, this may continue to rise until sold.

Registration Details:-

IVA passed 25/03/21.

Correctly registered 1st April 2021

First MOT is not due until 31/03/2024

Age related registration number so cherished registration number can be transferred onto the car.

Mechanical/Running Gear Details:-

Fully rebuilt Rover SD1 3.5 litre V8 engine. The engine was completely stripped, rebored and crankshaft crack tested. Upon rebuild the engine was fully balanced.

Edelbrock chrome rocker covers.

Rover SD1 LT77 gearbox. This has also been stripped, inspected, refreshed and rebuilt.

Brand new Borg Warner clutch.

FiTech fuel injection system on an Edelbrock Performer 351 intake manifold. The FiTech is fully mappable and comes complete with the handheld plug on programmer. The car starts on the button every time.

Edelbrock Pro-Flow 1000 bug eye high flow air cleaner/filter.

123 Ignition mappable distributor. These distributors are produced with respect for the classic design and character of the car. Despite the classic appearance, the ignition contains the most modern electronics. This will guarantee a powerful spark with perfect timing.

Jaguar XJS suspension to front and rear with all new seals and bearings. All painted with POR15 UV resistant chassis topcoat.

Gaz coilover shocks/springs all round including double shocks at the rear.

Jaguar Powerlock diff with a 3.54 ratio. The diff has been fully rebuilt with all new bearings and seals. It has also been derated to suit the lighter weight of the car.

Jaguar XJS brake calipers all round. Rear brakes are inboard. The calipers have been fully stripped and rebuilt with new seals and zinc coated. XJS drop down handbrake lever inside drivers door giving a nice clean uncluttered tunnel top.

Alloy fuel swirl/surge pot fitted close to the fuel tank. The swirl pot is fed by a low pressure pump and the engine is then fed by a Bosch 044 style high pressure pump. Fuel system hoses are SAE J30 E9 injection standard.

High capacity 3 core alloy radiator. The car sits rock steady at 80c when moving. Temps will rise to just over 90c when in heavy traffic or standing at which point the high flow Spal Axial fan kicks in.

Lightweight lithium battery fitted in the engine bay.

Fully refurbished Halibrand replica 15” wheels complete with chromed spinners. 

Galaxy R1 Radial G/T 215/60 brand new tyres on the front wheels.

Galaxy R1 Radial G/T 235/60 brand new tyres on the rear wheels.

Twin pipe underslung stainless exhaust system which sounds lovely. Measured at 98.5 dBA during the IVA test.

After it’s first 500 miles the engine oil and filter were changed.

Interior:-

During the build the rear of the cockpit area was modified to provide 80mm of additional legroom. I am 6’3” and fit the car well with decent legroom. Other manufacturers cars I have sat in I would not have been able to drive due to less legroom, so this car definitely suits a taller driver. 

Fully carpeted with rot resistant carpet.

High quality leather used for dashboard covering. 

The seats are grp shells that have been padded and covered with the same leather.

Custom built tunnel top/sides which is removable. This is also covered in the same leather.

All leatherwork was done by a very reputable local trimmer

ETB instruments chrome trimmed with black faces.

LED dashboard working lights.

Corsa C electric power steering column and stalks.

12V and USB charging outlet points.

Electric heated seats to base and rear pads.

Heater serving windscreen and footwell.

Brasscraft windscreen complete with wind wings and sun visors.

Willans harnesses.

13” wooden 3 spoke steering wheel.

Cobra style cranked gear lever.

Bespoke wiring loom.

Exterior/Bodywork:-

GRP body has taken many hours of fettling during the build to achieve a smooth finish.

Body has been primed and lacquered in 2K.

Colour is Subaru C1F and looks stunning. You won’t see another Cobra in this colour unless someone has already copied me! Everyone who sees the car comments on how nice the colour is.

Polished stainless front wing engine bay vents.

Gas struts to bonnet and boot panels.

Le Mans style Aston Filler Cap.

Boot fully carpeted.

P700 headlights.

LED front indicators.

LED side repeaters.

LED Spiyda designs coffin rear lights.

Combined LED fog and reverse lamp.

LED chrome number plate light.

Polished stainless number plate holder complete with Cobra lettering.

Why am I selling? I enjoy the build and engineering challenges as much as driving the car once complete. This is the 3rd car I have built and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am finding myself looking for things to do so it is time for me to take my next project on.

Folder full of receipts included. 

Full photographic record of the build can be provided on a USB memory stick if wanted.

I have approx 3 litres of paint left from the spray job which will be included.

CAR NOW SOLD

• Like 1

Photo's removed as car now sold

• Like 1

!

You're selling it already, I never saw that coming.

• Like 1

Just now, OldStager said:

!

You're selling it already, I never saw that coming.

Likewise. 

sorry to see you sell this, have you got another project on the back burner?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KugaWestie said:

Why am I selling? I enjoy the build and engineering challenges as much as driving the car once complete. This is the 3rd car I have built and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am finding myself looking for things to do so it is time for me to take my next project on.

Yes, I explained in the advert above, time for another challenge

• Like 1

Fantastic, what a car, simply stunning. Sorely tempted, but I've got too many as it is ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, KugaWestie said:

LOL, I never got that far as I was so gobsmacked 😄.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nick Algar said:

Fantastic, what a car, simply stunning. Sorely tempted, but I've got too many as it is ;)

Thank you.

I am sure you could make room 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OldStager said:

LOL, I never got that far as I was so gobsmacked 😄.

It’s a great car for someone, for me I need another project, I am missing the build

4 minutes ago, KugaWestie said:

GLWTS Gary :t-up:

planning next project already hey, so what’s next on the shopping list?

• Like 1

Just now, KugaWestie said:

It’s a great car for someone, for me I need another project, I am missing the build

I know the feeling, I take the car to bits quite often just for the hell of it, I get bored rather fast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

GLWTS Gary :t-up:

planning next project already hey, so what’s next on the shopping list?

Thank you. I need to get this sold first!

One of my bucket list cars, unfortunately Just the wrong time for me! I’d have snapped your hands off, we know what’s gone into it!

Good luck mate. 

• Like 2

😮 good luck with the sale.

I can vouch for the quality of the work and the high standards that @KugaWestie works to. Like a lot of people if I could I would snap this up, but I’m enjoying the Westfield too much.

6 hours ago, si_salisbury said:

😮 good luck with the sale.

I can vouch for the quality of the work and the high standards that @KugaWestie works to. Like a lot of people if I could I would snap this up, but I’m enjoying the Westfield too much.

Thanks Simon, kind words.

I am glad you are still enjoying the Westfield 👍🏻

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.