Hello - new member - old owner

Blockhead

Based in North Yorkshire - bought the kit in 2002, the parts languished in the garage until 2011 because I never seemed to have the time to start the build let alone complete it.  2011 we spoke to Westfield and they took all the bits back and gave us a big discount on a factory built 2.0 Zetec which to date has done a grand total of 1221.2 miles.  The last time it was on the road was in 2016 - MOT'd at Westfield in 2015.  Basically it's just run in, only had two long trips for the MOT's at Westfield, most of the other miles have been round the local moors roads.  Not really had time to drive it or get to know it - I always think you need a good few thousand miles to become really familiar with a car and that just hasn't happened with the Westfield - yet.

I'm having a big tidy out and clean up and the car actually got moved.  It took a bit of fettling - the battery was dead, even my intelligent charger couldn't recover it, a new battery was fitted and the car wouldn't start - the petrol had evaporated and the fuel pump had siezed.  5L unleaded and a soft face mallet sorted that, the horn wasn't working - again a tap with the mallet sorted that now it all works and all it needs is a good wash, insuring and a trip to the local garage for an MOT - I'm not going to be driving it to Kingswinford for an MOT - it's a whole day of my life for that and a pretty boring day too.  I'll be sending off to Westfield for a proper manual as well - the one I got with the car wasn't the right one - it took ages with a test meter to find out what the fuses actually did as several of them didn't match what the manual said they were for, what their rating was or even where they were.

The nice thing about the car is that you can get round everything and have a good look at all the bits with ease so it's unlikely to fail an MOT on anything obvious - apart from headlight alignment 🙃

I'll also get a new fuel pump shortly - the original has only done 1221.2 miles but is now noisy after I let it run dry and this time, while it sits idle I will put in a start up and run regime on a regular basis to rattle the valves and accoutrements about a bit 😑

Sounds like a bit of a journey! Hopefully see you out when we venture south on one of our blats 👍

You probably already have seen us out - on one of our first blats out  in 2011 we were climbing Blakey Ridge and a whole procession went the other way with lots of beeps and hand waves - one of those memorable drives in it.

11 hours ago, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

:ww:

Where in North Yorkshire are you.

I am just by Scarborough.

Skelton - the Saltburn one - not York 😀

Been to Scarborough a couple of times in it - I was working at Eastleigh and used to turn off the A171 and go over through Harwood Dale and Silpho.  Good drive to work.

Often up near you. I go to Seaton Carew for chips. Don't ask me why I like it there but I do.

Hello, we get over to the east coast now and then, keep looking out for the next time.