***SOLD *** 2008 Megabusa For Sale, exceptional specification, build quality & condition ***SOLD ***

Oddlimbs

***SOLD ***

This is a very reluctant sale of my 2008 Westfield Megabusa (due to emigration), built to an exceptionally high standard by myself (over 1500 man-hours build time), an (ex) aircraft design engineer, with lots of bespoke parts, loads of lightening & loads of anodising.  Full description/spec below, but in brief:

Standard 1300cc engine with up-rated clutch, MBE992 ECU, dry sump, & electric water pump.  Sierra LSD, Widetrack, in-situ adjustable track & camber F & R, Bias pedal box, Digital dash with ECU interface, Nitron competition suspension, F & R ARBs, 4 pot brakes,  6 Caterham wheels & 8 tyres, Bailey Morris prop shaft (no reverse box), lots of carbon fibre.  Less than 5000 road (only) miles, MOT until 28/07/2022.

Videos of the car (taken recently) here,

here,

& here,

I have also just added another short video of the underside here.

There are a few photos of the car below, but loads more (taken recently) here.

750 photos of the build here.

Full description/spec :

Built in 2008 from an original factory Megabusa kit, so has the correct, lightweight Mega chassis.

The car was built by me, an aircraft design engineer, to an exceptionally high standard, with no expense spared in building, maintaining or preparing it for sale.

Rare first time SVA pass.

Original purchase invoices supplied with car.

Hundreds of photos of build included with car.

FW rear upgrade.

Factory supplied, reconditioned Sierra differential with the highest available ratio from a 2.3 diesel Sierra; good for a GPS confirmed top speed of 127 MPH on currently fitted 205/55/13 tyres, more with 205/60s.

The engine is a standard 1300cc Hayabusa, taken from a 600 mile 2006 Hayabusa, but fitted with upgraded Extreme Engines clutch springs and pawls and managed by an SBD supplied, fully programmable MBE992 engine ECU, with SBD map & connected by a full SBD motorsport spec loom.  I have the PC connectivity hardware, which I will include with the sale.

The car has a Westfield dry sump tank & oil cooler & Extreme Engines/Nova dry sump kit; this is the kit where the scavenge pump is mechanically driven by the standard Hayabusa water pump mechanism, so no belt to fail as is the case with the Westfield supplied kit.  As the standard water pump has been removed a Davies Craig electric water pump has been fitted, this is controlled by engine ECU and has post shutdown run-on to prevent heat soak issues.  The ECU also controls the electric cooling fan, which also has post shutdown run-on.

The dry sump kit was supplied with blue & red anodised Goodridge hosed, which clashed horribly with the orange bodywork, so I purchased some Goodridge 811 hoses & fittings, which come in black & silver anodise.  I was originally intending to have a summer & a winter scuttle, fitted with quick release fasteners & dry-breaks for the heater hoses.  The dry breaks came with black & gold anodise, which, in my opinion, looked much better, so the silver anodise was stripped from the 811 fittings and re-anodised gold, this also led to the anodising of many other parts on the car.   The 2nd scuttle & unused/unfitted heater, heated windscreen, wiper kit, roof kit, doors & carpet are NOT included with the car, as I guess most, like me, will not use them, but they are available by separate negotiation.

The car is fitted with a Race Technology Dash 2 digi-dash (Westfield version) & a Race Technology ECU interface, which allows all of the ECU’s live data to be displayed on the dash.  I have just upgraded the oil pressure sender to a Race Technology solid state version (expensive, but very accurate) as the standard Westfield one went haywire.

Westfield’s plan for upgrading to the digital dash, from the standard gauges, was to plug a “jumper loom” into the individual connectors for the standard gauges & wrap them with insulation tape, well, I wasn’t having that, was I!  I modified the Westfield wiring harness removing all redundant wires, adding extra wires as necessary before re-wrapping the whole lot in proper loom tape. All connections were made either by soldering & heatshrinking  or using the correct, professional crimp terminals.  Whilst I was at it, a Thatchham Category 2 transponder immobiliser was added & built into the heart of the car.  I have marked up hard copies of the modified wiring diagrams & electronic copies of them in Excel & Paintshop Pro formats, but I can’t open the .PSP files at the moment, as they were produced in 2008, on an XP PC using a hooky version of PSP.  I will try to find the PSP CD & get an old XP PC out, when I get chance, to see if I can bring them up to date with the final changes that were made.

Westfield factory brake bias pedal box.

Westfield AP 4 pot front brake calliper & vented disc upgrade.

Golf rear brake calliper upgrade.

Nitron competition shock absorber & spring upgrade.

Cupra-Nickel rigid brake lines & stainless braided flexi hoses throughout.

Westfield wide-track front wishbones, with in-situ camber adjusters, modified to upper rose joint.

Westfield rear wishbones modified to be fully rose jointed with in-situ adjustable track & camber.

Nylon wishbone bushes.

Caterham 8x13” 8 spoke deep dish rear wheels, fitted with Caterham bespoke 205/55/13 Avon CR500 tyres (Fitment of this wheel/tyre combination facilitated by modified rear wishbones).

Choice of Caterham 8x13” 8 spoke deep dish wheels, fitted with Caterham bespoke 205/55/13 Avon CR500 tyres or Caterham 6x13” 8 spoke wheels, fitted with Caterham bespoke 175/55/13 Avon CR500 tyres for the front (both pairs included with the car (6 wheels & 8 tyres included, in total).

The front & rear Westfield aluminium uprights were hard anodised black, followed by etch primer & black Plasticoat paint (from new), to prevent the usual corrosion issues.

The kit included a Westfield reverse gearbox, however, before it was fitted, I read on the WSCC forum that they were noisy, leaked oil & introduced a lot of backlash into the transmission but, as I already had it, I thought that I would carry on & fit it.  Having fitted it and filled it with oil, it promptly stared leaking on the floor, whilst the car was still on the build stands, so I quickly removed it and purchased a bespoke, 2 piece Bailey Morris prop shaft.  I bought an electric reverse kit from eBay and, to be honest, I was very disappointed with it; the advert showed a lovely, shiny motor, that I assumed was new, what turned up was a grubby used one. I think it's a starter from a VFR400. The motor is mounted in a cage, with reduction gearing & a gear to mount between the prop & the diff.  In the end, I never got round to fitting it as, in reality, it's just not necessary because the car is so light.

Gearbox to prop-shaft adaptor was zinc plated from new.

Gun-drilled & powder coated half-shafts.

Lightened stub axles, rear hubs and rear brake discs.

Westfield rear anti-roll bar with bespoke aircraft spec aluminium pushrods (original steel items included with car.  Bespoke grease nipple modification.

Westfield inboard front anti-roll bar with bespoke aircraft spec aluminium pushrods (original steel items included with car). Bespoke grease nipple modification.

Carbon Mods dashboard panel, fitted with quick release fasteners & multi-plugs for wiring.

Carbon Mods aeroscreen.

Carbon Mods front cycle wings.

Carbon Rear Diffuser.

Nosecone fitted with quick release fasteners (plus 1 bolt) for easy access.

Bespoke, lightweight aluminium fuel tank mounts.

Bespoke stainless steel track rod/rose joint adaptors.

Bespoke stainless steel bonnet & boot catches.

Bespoke rear arch liners, to prevent stone-strike “star” damage to gelcoat.

Body & tunnel panels fitted with stainless bolts/screws throughout (using either tapped holes rivnuts), so that they are easily removable.

Bespoke titanium exhaust manifold studs.

Bespoke straight though exhaust box, plus original Westfield item which incorporates a catalytic converter, in case you need it for MOT.

Padded Westfield race seats.

Self cancelling indicator upgrade.

Stainless Steel hose clips throughout.

Stainless Fasteners were used throughout, except where high tensile fasteners were required.

2 sets of keys & immobiliser transponders included with the car.

Engine & diff mounting studs were replaced with bespoke aluminium items.

The car has only ever had road use, has never been tracked or used in the rain & has spent most of its life in dark, dehumidified storage, hence the car is pretty much like new with no rust or corrosion whatsoever.

Anodised front hubs

All old MOT certificates included.

I have just given the car a thorough check over/service including:

New engine oil filter and fresh Fuchs Titan Race Pro R 15W50 (all it’s ever had in it)

New, long life coolant

New Fuchs synthetic diff oil

New DOT 5.1 brake fluid

New clutch fluid

New MOT (28-07-2022)

The car has a hard wired Optimate (battery conditioner) connection mounted by the front suspension & I will include the Optimate with the sale.

At one point, I had a Race Technology DL1 Data logger installed in the car, but I removed and used it in a Milner R1 safari race car, that I had a few years back, I sold it with the Milner.  I purchased a DL1 Sport data logger for the Busa last year, before I knew that I had to sell the car.  The unused data logger, plus unused exhaust gas temperature probe, amplifier & lambda sensor kit are available by separate negotiation.

I'm looking for £18,995 for the car, please contact me via private message or on 01460 62025 (yes, it’s only 5 digits), between 10am & 10pm for any further information or to arrange a viewing, thanks, Martin.

20210723_182557.jpg

20210723_182636.jpg

20210723_174518.jpg

20210723_182908.jpg

20210723_174531.jpg

20210723_174512.jpg

• Like 2

It's there, just above the photos, but obviously lost amongst all the other waffle! (£18,995)

Please someone buy this….it’s toying with me as I want it so badly it almost hurts!

Having spent a reasonable amount of time speaking to Martin and having video calls I am sure the first to see this will buy it.

• Thanks 1

On 03/08/2021 at 18:42, Oddlimbs said:

It's there, just above the photos, but obviously lost amongst all the other waffle! (£18,995)

That’s not waffle - it’s a well described advert 👍 

lovely looking car with lots of attention to detail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimbobtcc206 said:

Please someone buy this….it’s toying with me as I want it so badly it almost hurts!

Having spent a reasonable amount of time speaking to Martin and having video calls I am sure the first to see this will buy it.

Can't you just have/keep both James? 😁

Thanks for the approval/recommendation!

10 hours ago, Kingster said:

That’s not waffle - it’s a well described advert 👍 

Agreed,how car adverts should be,spot on👌👍

What a car😎

• Thanks 1

I have just taken a deposit on the car, pending collection in a week or two, however, should you be interested in the car, please do let me know, so that I can get back to you, if the sale falls through for any reason.

• Like 1

• Oddlimbs changed the title to DEPOSIT TAKEN. 2008 Megabusa For Sale, exceptional specification, build quality & condition
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold, she was collected today, I hope she makes the new owner happy fo a long time!

• Like 2

• Oddlimbs changed the title to ***SOLD *** 2008 Megabusa For Sale, exceptional specification, build quality & condition ***SOLD ***
  • 3 weeks later...

The buyer was not a member at the time of sale James, this being his first Westfield, but who knows for the future. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.