Warwickshire Area Curborough Track Day - Friday, September 24th

Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

I have already had some enquiries for this event on Friday, September 24th, so will everyone read the booking process below and send me your details as requested please.

Also, please read the following disclaimer:

** To save the WSCC from any liability issues I have to let you know that the Curborough track days have been booked by Warwickshire Area Organisers independently (as they have been for the last 15 years) and are not therefore organised or sanctioned by the Westfield Sports Car Club. **

As usual there are only 15 places available and I would like to offer the limited number of places to Warwickshire Area WSCC members first, followed by the wider WSCC membership. If all the places are not filled, I will post it on the Warwickshire Area Facebook page and accept non-WSCC members to make up the numbers. The cost this year will be £70 per person/car, if all 15 places are filled. This will cover all costs with a small surplus that will be donated to the appropriate WSCC charity. However, if we cannot fill all the places then I will have to ask for additional funds to cover the cost of the hire and the food we provide. These track days are often oversubscribed therefore we will keep a reserve list in case of last minute withdrawals.

For those of you who have attended these events before, the process has changed from previous years but is the same as the May event earlier this year. Please follow the instructions below;

1.      Send me a PM with your full name and email address

2.      Pay the full balance by bank transfer to the details I return to you, ASAP please

3.      Read the track hire rules emailed to you

4.      Click on the link provided to complete and submit the Curborough driver booking form directly to SDCC

Ideally, I would like to see all monies paid and booking forms completed by the 10th September, but it must be done by the week before the event ie. 17th September. Last minute bookings will not be possible so I will not be able refund any non-attendance.

Due to the requirements of managing the track entrance and the BBQ etc. I could do with at least one assistant who is prepared to attend and help with organising without driving or alternatively a few drivers to give up driving time to assist. Please message me if you wish to volunteer. As things stand, we cannot accept any spectators at this event.

This is always a great day and a safe way to explore the limits of your car and yourself with only one car on the circuit at a time. The usual BBQ food will be provided, however if you have any special dietary requirements you will need to bring your own food. You will need to bring drinks too. Intend to open the gates around 9am, with bacon and sausage butties available for breakfast. The track will open at 10am, with lunch from 1pm until 2pm and finishing at 5pm.

If you need any more information on this event, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I will add names to this list as they are booked - 15 PLACES AVAILABLE:

1. Stuart Gilks

2. James Huckerby

3. Luke Wyatt

4. Ian Heawood

5. Ken Shuker

6. Justin Lever

7. Mike and Jane

8. Andy and Becky

9. Ali and Gail

10. Dean Bakehouse

11. Steve Potter

12. Tom Carr

13. Ben Morrill 

14. Nick Lester

Reserves

Pulled out:

Martyn

• Like 1

Plenty of places still available!

On 07/08/2021 at 08:18, Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO said:

Plenty of places still available!

Bump!

FAO Martyn Vann

Left it a bit late but if possible pleas add me to the Curborough outing on the 24th.

Thanks Tom Carr tomcarroct@aol.com 

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

I'll add you to the list and email the details and link.

Regards,

Martyn 

• Like 1

On 09/09/2021 at 21:10, Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO said:

Hi Tom,

I'll add you to the list and email the details and link.

Hi Tom,

I have emailed you and sent you a PM on here, did you get them, do you need any help?

Martyn

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday, looks like a great little track 👍

Anyone leaving from Harbury or nearby?

Ben

8 hours ago, Benjamico said:

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday, looks like a great little track 👍

Ben

Yes - from Long Itchington although trailering the car up. 

@Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO - if you need any setup help then happy to turn up early.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Deano85 said:

How early can we turn up? Thinking about going early to miss traffic. 

I generally aim to open the gates by 9am latest, but you can get there as early as you like and wait outside!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sideways_stu said:

Yes - from Long Itchington although trailering the car up. 

@Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO - if you need any setup help then happy to turn up early.

Thanks for the offer, not much to do in the morning other than get the bacon cooking but I do need some help on sharing the gate marshal duties during the day!

• Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 12:54, Benjamico said:

Ben

I'm driving from Moreton Morrell but trailering the westy up.

Ian

• Like 1

Hi Martyn

i don’t mind doing a bit of gate marshalling if it helps. The more the merrier I guess. 

Hopefully everyone is ready for tomorrow's track day. Here are a few points to note:-

• Gates should be open by 9am
  • Bring drinks for yourselves 
  • Breakfast and BBQ lunch food provided but if you have dietary needs then you will need to bring your own (BBQ available if needed)
  • Spectators are allowed now (but are not catered for)
  • We have one place unsold so we have no funds left to donate to charity. What does everyone think about having a 'whip round', maybe a couple of pounds from each driver would do it?

See everyone tomorrow!

Martyn

• Like 4