Wavering on the brink of buying

RobertB2021

Hi All,

Have been browsing the internet for a while and just not sure what I want.

Missed out on a nice Seight V8 recently (too late by the time I decided to go for it).

Looking for something to replace the thrill of my motorbike!

Selling my 986 Boxster S right now as that didn't do it for me (as nice as it is).

Anyway... maybe I'll take the plunge eventually.

Robert

17 minutes ago, RobertB2021 said:

Hi All,

Have been browsing the internet for a while and just not sure what I want.

Missed out on a nice Seight V8 recently (too late by the time I decided to go for it).

Looking for something to replace the thrill of my motorbike!

Selling my 986 Boxster S right now as that didn't do it for me (as nice as it is).

Anyway... maybe I'll take the plunge eventually.

Robert

get yourself to your local meet and get an idea of what you want. Stoneleigh isn’t far off either so you can compare a lot of cars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Robert,

A good starting point is to get yourself to a club meeting. They are typically held monthly and a great place to see more than one Westfield, maybe blag a ride too!

Keep looking one will turn up that meets your budget, well will probably be over budget but sometimes worth paying extra 

Andy

• Thanks 1

Good luck with the search Robert. Have a think about what you will use the car for and that will focus your mind on what type of Westfield to get, i.e. is it to replace the motorbike (fast road/stripped out) or to replace the Boxster (touring spec). I have a Porsche 986 S too and it is a completely different driving experience from the Westfield. If you have the space, keep both!

• Haha 1

Hi Robert unfortunately our “area” IS Scotland so as such we don’t have a regular monthly meet.

Although there are quite a few of us around, keep an eye out for anything headed “ Clan McWesty”

Also a few of us will be going to Kames car show on the 8th August.

Feel free to ask any questions and we can always try and arrange a meet up as there are a few members around Edinburgh  and a few for sale as well.

if I can be of any help , feel free to drop me a line ( I’m up in speyside but pop up all over Scotland lol )

Thanks Gary. I'm down the Borders around Selkirk quite a lot and am surprised how few Westies (or similar!) I see on the roads considering how good the roads are down that way. Plenty of motorbikes on the Selkirk to Moffat route. Just asking for a drive!

I'll see if I can get to Kames on the 8th.

Cheers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyPee said:

Good luck with the search Robert. Have a think about what you will use the car for and that will focus your mind on what type of Westfield to get, i.e. is it to replace the motorbike (fast road/stripped out) or to replace the Boxster (touring spec). I have a Porsche 986 S too and it is a completely different driving experience from the Westfield. If you have the space, keep both!

Hence my dilemma...I want something 'push you back in the seat' fast but also capable of cruising along when the misses is with me!!

I thought a Seight might tick both boxes with the extra bonus of a V8 burble.

Maybe a bike engined car would provide the thrill, but one of the reasons I moved away from bikes is that they were full-on all of the time.

Even thought about a TVR or an Elise. Opposite ends of the spectrum I know.

Agreed some excellent roads around the borders. @Davep1

Is your man in the know down that neck of the woods

20201030_124017.thumb.jpg.4ea0d96963263cf61f4ea411faaff1cf.jpg

You don't need a massive amount of power to get a shift on in these cars. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Agreed some excellent roads around the borders. @Davep1

Is your man in the know down that neck of the woods

20201030_124017.thumb.jpg.4ea0d96963263cf61f4ea411faaff1cf.jpg

You don't need a massive amount of power to get a shift on in these cars. 

That looks brilliant.