Driving shoes.

ianali

Nick. I've never paid that much for shoes!! I do know that makes me even more of a miserable git bearing in mind my sayings on tyres!! The search goes on...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BillyPee said:

Same here... plus, you never know when a game of 5-a-side is going to break out! 

Always have a ball, pump and jumpers for goal posts in the boot.

• Haha 2

wish id hadn't read this thread. I'm now looking a driving shoes!!!

• Haha 4

Loving my Sparco shoes..but.. I’ve driven maybe 300 miles since I’ve had them. I am a little concerned at the wear on the heel of the clutch side. Rubber mats in car seem to be rubbing the rubber heel tread off quite quickly. Il be keeping an eye on it!

5 minutes ago, ianali said:

Loving my Sparco shoes..but.. I’ve driven maybe 300 miles since I’ve had them. I am a little concerned at the wear on the heel of the clutch side. Rubber mats in car seem to be rubbing the rubber heel tread off quite quickly. Il be keeping an eye on it!

Would it be possible to remove the section of mat where its rubbing?, most racing shoes get used in a car that has nothing on the floor at all.

Just now, OldStager said:

Would it be possible to remove the section of mat where its rubbing?, most racing shoes get used in a car that has nothing on the floor at all.

Yes it would. I have had the same though. I brought the car with carpet mats but changed for rubber as it can get a little damp there. I suppose I could just remove the rubber completely. 🥂 cheers.

• Like 1

I took out mats and stuck down skateboard grip. The better driving shoes have the sole rolling up the heal, so there's no sliding about. So great pedal control and feel.

My Adidas driving trainers are brill, but not made anymore 😞

On 23/07/2021 at 00:16, Nick Algar said:

You won't thank me for telling you about these because they ain't cheap, but they are so comfortable they are worth it. Made in Portugal and great quality. They last a lot longer.

https://www.pilotiuk.co.uk/collections/best-sellers/products/pistone-x-black-ballistic. Some of the other styles are also really good to.

Agreed on these. Not cheap but well worth it. Very comfortable to wear all day, don't look out of place in public, and great for driving. 

• Like 1

On 22/07/2021 at 16:48, maurici said:

Slightly off the topic... but...

Does someone has experience with actual driving loafters rather than racing boots?

I do normally use racing shoes for every big drive out, but you cant avoid looking like a twatt when you walk in your favourite countryside restaurant with your sparco racing boots in flashy colours... so allways wanted a pair of driving shoes rather than racing shoes.

Does someone has any good refference?

i went for the brown leather that sparco do just to avoid the ********** 

I wear puma drift cats. Quite a narrow fit and thin soled so not the best for walking on stoney ground, but they work well for driving and being all black are quite subtle. (I've even worn with my suit when taking the Westfield to the office)

Good price too

https://www.sportsdirect.com/puma-drift-cat-5-trainers-mens-115877

3 minutes ago, Burgerbob said:

I wear puma drift cats. Quite a narrow fit and thin soled so not the best for walking on stoney ground, but they work well for driving and being all black are quite subtle. (I've even worn with my suit when taking the Westfield to the office)

Good price too

https://www.sportsdirect.com/puma-drift-cat-5-trainers-mens-115877

Or if you prefer a Ferrari or BMW badge on the shoe.....

https://uk.puma.com/uk/en/search?q=Drift%2Bcat&originalphrase=Drift cat&start=0&position=28

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Burgerbob said:

Or if you prefer a Ferrari or BMW badge on the shoe.....

No. But if it was a Westfield logo..........

Just to note, the Puma website currently has 20% off, and the Drift Cats are only about £32. Have to pay delivery, but I've just bought them for less 30 quid.. 

On 23/07/2021 at 00:16, Nick Algar said:

You won't thank me for telling you about these because they ain't cheap, but they are so comfortable they are worth it. Made in Portugal and great quality. They last a lot longer.

https://www.pilotiuk.co.uk/collections/best-sellers/products/pistone-x-black-ballistic. Some of the other styles are also really good to.

On your advice I ordered some Pilotis but sadly they don’t fit, too narrow and they only do one width so they are going back.

I’m size 10 or 11 and have trouble finding comfy driving shoes, so far only cheap thin soled trainers fit me ok.