Driving shoes.

ianali

My daughter brought me a pair or driving shoes for my birthday. For those that have never tried them, I’d recommend they do. The difference they make in pedal feel and selection is surprising. So much better!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rory's Dad said:

Sounds great!! What make and model are they??

Sparco brand. 

• Like 1

Just worth noting that in my experience Sparco shoes come up very small.

I ordered some size 11’s but couldn’t even get my foot in them - not even close.

1 hour ago, ianali said:

Sparco brand. 

I've got a couple of pairs of Sparco's and some OMP boots.... As Imelda Marcos used to say, you can't have enough shoes! 😂

I have and use Sparco shoes (driving fashion range) you need to order 1 size up.

I have two different pair of driving shoes - Sparco and Simpson. The Sparco are the better shoe for just driving. Better sole/pedal feel and narrower. As noted they run small go go a size up. The Simpson are more padded and comfortable and feel more 'normal' and are great for a mix if driving and standing around or walking.

In either case a driving shoe is so much better than a sneaker or street shoe for cars like ours. If you haven't tried them you are missing out.

dave

Slightly off the topic... but...

Does someone has experience with actual driving loafters rather than racing boots?

I do normally use racing shoes for every big drive out, but you cant avoid looking like a twatt when you walk in your favourite countryside restaurant with your sparco racing boots in flashy colours... so allways wanted a pair of driving shoes rather than racing shoes.

Does someone has any good refference?

I used to have a pair of puma driftcat trainers that were great for driving in but without feeling a plum wearing them in public 

35 minutes ago, maurici said:

Slightly off the topic... but...

Does someone has experience with actual driving loafters rather than racing boots?

I do normally use racing shoes for every big drive out, but you cant avoid looking like a twatt when you walk in your favourite countryside restaurant with your sparco racing boots in flashy colours... so allways wanted a pair of driving shoes rather than racing shoes.

Does someone has any good refference?

I have a regular pair of slip on Sketchers I wear for everything including the Westie. When they wear out I'll be buying another pair. Light and very comfortable. 

Similar to these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-SKECHERS-Wide-Fit-Memory-Foam-Slip-On-Casual-Trainers-Size-UK-5-5-13/174164267755

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I used to have a pair of puma driftcat trainers that were great for driving in but without feeling a plum wearing them in public 

My Sparco shoes are the height of fashion...

864F5341-B43A-4CE2-8EC5-90E00C2D68BC.jpeg

Karking Boots for me.

I've looked at the Sparco site and thought the Imola shoes looked great for an old git like me. Snag is I can't find any for sale. I'm after some brown suede jobbies (probably) but can't find any alternatives. Any suggestions please??

You won't thank me for telling you about these because they ain't cheap, but they are so comfortable they are worth it. Made in Portugal and great quality. They last a lot longer.

https://www.pilotiuk.co.uk/collections/best-sellers/products/pistone-x-black-ballistic. Some of the other styles are also really good to.

• Like 1