Spare Wheel Bolt

Rick W

Evening all… any of you guys who remove there spare wheels from the Westfield got the bolts kicking about unused?

looking for one! 

96E06E89-8C8D-429C-A122-7CEFD9884BE9.jpeg

Which bolts?, not sure which parts you mean.

I have the metal bar that fits behind the bodywork that has two long studs coming out of it, these two studs then line up with the wheel nut mountings, which then have two closed nuts to fasten the wheel to the car.

I do carry a spare wheel but chose not to use this part as I had other arrangements.

Going spare, quite literally 😄

SDC12882.JPG

2 hours ago, OldStager said:

the support bar has been supplied in two versions, at least, over the years. One has studs, the other came with studs and long bolts, many used the bolts rather than studs, as with the bigger size modern wheels/tyres, they were much easier to get off the car if you removed the two bolts, whereas with studs, it could be a real awkward process fiddling about with the wheel carrier/license plate bracket.

On 21/07/2021 at 15:52, OldStager said:

I have the metal bar that fits behind the bodywork that has two long studs coming out of it, these two studs then line up with the wheel nut mountings, which then have two closed nuts to fasten the wheel to the car.

I do carry a spare wheel but chose not to use this part as I had other arrangements.

That’s what I’m looking for..

On 21/07/2021 at 15:52, OldStager said:

Just now, Rick W said:

PM me your address details and I will send it, cost only to cover postage.

Posted today 2nd class.

Thanks Rick, it may smell of wood smoke, 😁 as it was packed and ready to go when my chimney threw up 😆.

• Haha 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.