CBR1000RR Refresh/upgrade

Simon Waterfall Syman84

Rest easy Simon, I’ve just checked it with my straight edge, it’s spot on. 

must be a camera trick 

• Like 1

Must have been the camera angle 

Something else i did spot is Rush Motorsport going into the timber business?

Screenshot_20211011-174349_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 1

Covid meant we had to diversify and the carbon fibre market is already popular!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rednop1 said:

Something else i did spot is Rush Motorsport going into the timber business?

Well F1 used to use a plank under the cars so it must make them faster...

• Like 1

Well the old engine was dropped off today and the new engine collected.

thanks to @Alex Gaskin and @Howardfor originally sourcing such a good package of parts.

Quick spec to my knowledge.

it's a 2014 CBR1000RR with billet Superbike inlet cam and HRC valves and springs.  

It has a Nova CR A race gearset: 2.4, 2.0, 1.688, 1.5, 1.368, 1.272 ratios. Not sure if I will use these or if I will swap to a standard box and sell the nova gearset as they may be too short for a car application.

It also has the HRC kit alternator.  These are supposed to be good for 3-5 bhp. Engine has been fully rebuilt and reputedly gave 198bhp at the wheel on the bike.

Also came with an AB Performance billet sump off Andy Bates ready for the car application.

Loom and a few other bits and bobs.

Now the work begins to get the engine mounted in the chassis. 4 weeks to go until my appointment for the new manifold to be made.

Crap pictures from collection in the dark. But my smile is big.

20211014_202620.jpg

20211014_202627.jpg

20211014_202654.jpg

• Like 4

Serious engine 😃

I have the Nova box in mine. With a 3.3 diff and 185/70/13 rear tyres it tops out at 127mph ish. I would defo try and keep the box, depending on your rear tyres you may be good with a 3.14 diff...

30 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Serious engine 😃

I have the Nova box in mine. With a 3.3 diff and 185/70/13 rear tyres it tops out at 127mph ish. I would defo try and keep the box, depending on your rear tyres you may be good with a 3.14 diff...

I run a 3.38 at the minute so was going to try and calculate it with that and a 3.14.

With slicks for sprinting I run the

200 540 13.

@AdamRDid you just do an excel sheet or use an online calculator 

Screenshot_20211014-212236_Chrome.jpg.c0c8118fbce8b89035275f6ebf4eebe8.jpg

37 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Thanks to @Rush Motorsport for helping me lift it….

And thanks to russ and his glass back for lifting the engine in the car with me 😁

Sorry for novice-question : how to differentiate std gear set in CBR 1000RR gerbox from this NOVA? one has to count the teeths on the gears or sth like that ? 

20 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

Sorry for novice-question : how to differentiate std gear set in CBR 1000RR gerbox from this NOVA? one has to count the teeths on the gears or sth like that ? 

It's a complete aftermarket close ratio gearbox 

https://novaracing.co.uk/2008-2017-honda-cbr1000rr-cr-a-race-gearset

Mainly used in dedicated track bikes. Stronger gearset but normally the ratios don't tend to work in a BEC.

• Thanks 1

I am asking because just yesterday I delivered a CBR 1000rr engine to the mechanic who is going to investigate for the cause of the water to oil and co2 in  water "additives" in it when working. If its only a gasket or something more serious - cracks in block/head etc.. . Got this engine with MNR car, with not all known history, and I remember the seller said it has special "stronger" gearbox. If it was just talking ? , or maybe not ? - worth to ask a mechanic to look at gearbox, but was not sure what tell him - what to look for.  Thank You for the link, there are ratios and numbers of teeths so maybe this way he can differentiate . Or maybe the seller thought about some stronger clutch, and called it "gearbox" . 

From memory it has fewer dogs on the gears

• Thanks 1