Gazebo Recommendations

Smudge62

Looking for recommendations for a quality Gazebo for use on the speed series and track days, I had intended on buying a EZ-UP Speed Shelter as they are only 2.5m wide and fit a hill climb paddock space but it seems that they are not available any more, suggestions please, thanks David

Watching this one as I had a quick look pre Blyton but couldn't see anything that suited - and was available at the time!

We've been looking at gazebos recently as ours is old, rusty and really heavy, and Surf and Turf seems to keep coming up at events, at Gurston Down a couple of years back there must have been 10 or more Surf and Turf gazebos. But unfortunately they are currently on back order, so I'm not  sure how soon you'll be able to get one.

surfturf.co.uk

i have just fallen lucky with a very good condition second hand on 3mx4.5 meters. fits over the car and back end of the trailer no problem.

i have done a lot of looking about and i would suggest one that has the hexagonal legs as the square ones tend to break quite easiliy in anything more than a breeze. problem is everyone wants them at the moment for ouside pubs etc due to covid so everywhere seems to be sold out.

https://www.galatent.co.uk/product/09176

https://www.hercules-gazebo.co.uk/product/hercules-gazebo-hex40-aluminium-3m-x-4-5m/

https://surfturf.co.uk/shop/shelters/canopro-elite/4-5m-x-3m-8/

• Like 1

rock awnings 

21 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

rock awnings 

I knew I missed one of the other main companies 

On 13/07/2021 at 18:24, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

rock awnings 

Yeah another vote for https://rockawnings.co.uk/

I'm on my 2nd one now, only because I brought a bigger one.  They're very good and easy to get hold off and willing to help where they can 

So what size is everyone using, ezup use to do a 2.5 x 3.5 which is a perfect size to just cover a westfield but they are no longer available, 3 x 4.5 ? seems just a bit overkill. 

1 hour ago, Smudge62 said:

So what size is everyone using, ezup use to do a 2.5 x 3.5 which is a perfect size to just cover a westfield but they are no longer available, 3 x 4.5 ? seems just a bit overkill. 

Mine is 3x 4.5 and is a good size as you can get it over the end of the trailer and have the car fully under cover. As seen at Blyton. 

If you have the knack is easy to open and close on your own as well

Thanks Simon, so which model did you end up with, I want to get one that will cope with Anglesey weather but would like to be able to erect by myself so that I am not always asking for help.

30 minutes ago, Smudge62 said:

Thanks Simon, so which model did you end up with, I want to get one that will cope with Anglesey weather but would like to be able to erect by myself so that I am not always asking for help.

I lucked out with a very good condition second hand one. but realistically any that is aluminium frame with hexagonal legs, mine is 50mm diameter but rock do 45 and 55 

https://rockawnings.co.uk/gazebos/rhino-hex-45/3m-x-4-5m/rh-45-3-4-5

and for once they are in stock currently 

in my experience putting up is never a one person operation buyt ether is normally help around when you need it

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

in my experience putting up is never a one person operation but there is normally help around when you need it

Yeah, the eternal problem with the properly heavy duty steel versions, when you start going for the larger sizes, they can be bulky to stor, BUT, putting them up can easily be a three or four person job, if you're not careful!

I find however much you spend, the slightest of breezes and they end up bent and in the nearest skip. Therefore, save your money and buy the cheapest that looks the part as it will likely end up in the skip in the long run

• Like 1