Members Map

SootySport

I just liked looking at spread of members across the world and how many countries Westfields have reached. As for data protection rules being breached, that doesn’t make sense as members can include their location in their profile voluntarily. For a small cost please bring it back.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SootySport said:

For a small cost please bring it back.

Agree 

And if it used only 1st part of postcode, then location is an area rather than pinpoint so what issue is that!

• Like 2

Yep, bring it back please for the reasons already stated and more.  The cost is so low as to be insignificant.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 11:09, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

The old one couldn’t be used any more. (I forget the technical reason, but it not being compatible with the later versions of the forum software rings a bell.)

On 06/07/2021 at 11:15, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

There is a new version, called Community Map, we may have to look into it, I don’t know how it compares, cost wise, to the old one though!

I've just had a look at this, and yes, the old one is incompatible with the current version of the boardroom.  The new version is actually the same as the old version, but renamed to Community Map and updated to work with this and newer versions of the boardroom.

Costwise, it is $40 initial, and $10 renewal per year.  I've saved more on Amazon S3 account storage in the past month than this, so I will request that the Committee approves of this purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Has my vote, Q!

It’s an ancient first attempt at a map of Area meeting locations, used with an early 200’s version of the forum. Unfortunately it was also entirely manually done, and not linked in any meaningful database way to the forum software. I know I stopped updating the Area Links, (I was AO Rep at the time), when the first Forum integrated map came out

• Thanks 1

Approval has been granted, just need the treasurer to get his wallet out ;) 

• Like 3

Great news thanks for a speedy decision 👍 looking forward to its return.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Has my vote, Q!

Jeez Dave, don’t call him that, he’ll think he’s omnipotent! 😬

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

Not what I meant...

F55F5280-3BEA-43FF-ABBB-3BB310E0A8A9.jpeg

...but that’s just the sort of think Q would say and let’s face it, we’ve never seen @Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster and Q together at the same time, have we?  One and the same?

• Haha 1

its here Community Map - WSCC - Community Forum