'Busa oil change - what a difference!

markhall

Having not had the car long, thought I'd give it a service before start using the car for what it's meant for.  Looked through many websites as I wasn't sure which oil is generally regarded the best to use in a busa - bad move! Eveyone seems to have a presonal preference (fair enough) but no one seems to agree on manufacturer, fully v semi synthetic etc etc.  Decided to try Pro4 10-40 fully synth from Silkolene - instantly improved the 'snappy' feel to the clutch as it now seems much more progressive. Anyone else had a simular expereince, or is it just me going a bit goo goo?

that's the stuff I've been using as well (GSXR1100 race engine) - no point in changing to anything else  ;)  :D

Anyone else had a simular expereince, or is it just me going a bit goo goo?

Depends what was in there before doesn't it...?

My engine was run-in on Castrol GP mineral, currently running on RedLine 10w40 motor oil, and shortly changing to Castrol R4 Superbike.  Clutch felt a bit sticky on Saturday so I'll take it out for an inspection when I get round to dropping the oil.

moom