Forum software updated? Info please

Captain Colonial

Yes, we've had to (finally) bite the bullet and update to a new (major) version as it contains security patches that we need to remain on top of.  Unfortunately that also means that some things change (for the worse or better).  Not much I can do about that.

19 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

1) Profile details are gone - mine now longer says “MemSec 2012-15...” etc. under my User Name.  Not that I’m bothered, but some might be.

Found them again, but I can not for the like of me position them under the Username again.  Need to look further into this, but it may well be that Invision has removed custom positioning on this, and only allow for relative positioning within the profile fields that are underneath the post count

2) What’s with the shields?

I believe the shields (indicating moderator, admin, new member, etc) where already there before the update, but they were in the position underneath the avatar.  The other "badge" indicates the Rank which is just a set of default thresholds based on "points".  All these things are just various ways of showing how interactive someone is on the forums.  I can disable them if they are confusing?

3) Number of posts now rounded down rather than the exact amount - why?

No idea.  Can not even find a setting where this is controlled

4) The update changed my User Groups from Life Member as the primary and Admin as secondary to the other way around

That wasn't done by the forum update, it's just that you noticed it being different now.  Dave has already swapped them around again.

Thanks for the replies @Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster much appreciated.  With regards to the User Group swap over, it was defo something to do with the update.  I had Life Members as my Primary User Group and Admin as my Secondary on Saturday, and it was then vice versa after the update. 

I took a look at my own profile yesterday backstage and although I was correctly listed in the Life Members Members Group, once I drilled down into that Members Group, it showed me as Admin for my Primary User Group and Life for my Secondary User Group.  Although Dave has corrected it as you say, I suspect from bitter past experience of unexpected update glitches and changes that I’m not the only one it happened to and suggest it’s worth looking at the others in the Life Members Group in due course to see if their User Groups are correct.

9 hours ago, Blatman said:

A Blatman.jpg

Yeah, I’ve got one of those too.  Of course, other things that provide great support are underwire bras (allegedly, no experience) and athletic supporters.

59 minutes ago, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

20 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

3) Number of posts now rounded down rather than the exact amount - why?

No idea.  Can not even find a setting where this is controlled

Cos there is no setting.  Have had to amend the template and change it there.  Should now display the normal count again.

• Like 2

BTW @Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster I like where you’ve positioned the profile details now at the bottom left - looks better.  Nice one. 👍

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

BTW @Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster I like where you’ve positioned the profile details now at the bottom left - looks better.  Nice one. 👍

Agreed, an improvement on before!

4 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

Yeah, I’ve got one of those too.  Of course, other things that provide great support are underwire bras (allegedly, no experience) and athletic supporters.

I look to all you guys for support. It makes life interesting because your "support" takes many forms... :oops: :d :d :d