Stoneleigh Kit Car Show, 2021.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

I'm happy to get there early to help setup if that's still required. I was also down for volunteering so will be available for all that malarky as well. 

Have to keep an eye on the posts to make sure I'm in amongst it I guess

On 08/07/2021 at 15:03, ianali said:

Camping at the show. Do many Westfield owners camp? Is it a sort of all camp together, sit and have an evening beer type thing? BBQs allowed? 

We will have a designated area for camping for the club members who volunteer to help with the organisation. Usually we are in the marquee until late and previously with an organised BBQ, but sadly not this year!

• Thanks 1

I’m volunteering, do we turn up on Friday to help set up, we could surely just bbq, if required I can bring a coal fired bbq.

Hi Martin,

Yes Friday volunteers will be needed, thanks for that.

We are currently in discussion with Stoneleigh for our indoor and outside stands, should be finalised later this week, so will let you know. As for bbq's, not sure about that. Maybe a local Maccy D instead?

thanks again,

John.

BBQ and a Hog roast is the social hinge pin for this club event in my opinion, it brings everyone together, McD’s wouldn’t work in all due respect.

I’m sure a BBQ could be pulled together within budget and easily. 

I know this is unusual,times, however we have a great organising team who know how this event works, the volunteers know what we need to do even if it is a diluted version. The problem is it’s a very small window to pull it together and so far there doesn’t seem to be any direction or momentum.

We as club members and the ‘volunteering team’ are standing by eager to make it work but at the minute I’m honestly wondering if the long trip down from the north east is going to be worth it, and that’s when the wheels fall off as I’m sure I’m not alone.

• Like 1

Hi @Andy - a15cro as a former member of the Stoneleigh team, you're well aware of how much preparation goes in behind the scenes and the fact we typically start 5 months before the event. This event was only confirmed recently and we've not yet got clarity from the organisers as to where our stand is, let alone what Covid 19 rules / guidelines etc we will have to meet. We're not even sure if camping is allowed and what facilities will be available for those camping. 

The team are on it and we'll do our best to pull the event together in some shape or form. As soon as we've got clarity from the Organisers (Hopefully this week), we can then advise further and start our normal process of recruiting volunteers etc.

We are well aware that the event clashes with the August bank holiday weekend and the Loton Round of the Speed Series too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s going to be different but it is what it is.

if you want to come….come

if you want to help……help

if you think it’s not for you this time or have other plans……not an issue

But we need to be positive and make the most of we can do, not be full of doom and gloom with the naysayers

• Like 9

Sorry to one and all...

I didn't mean to offend but I was just thinking about what draws the  WSCC crowd to the event  Travelling big distances for some might seem too much. Can we not get a decent barbeque going and some decent beer for people to enjoy - even if we have to pay for it??

My Westy has been sold but I have some clutter to dispose of eg Westfield World's going back to the year dot. I'd be happy to bring these and more stuff down provided a donation was made to charity

The lack of info from Grosvenor is unhelpful but I'm sure the organising team can sort something out.

I remain confident that the WSCC can sort something out that will make the longer journeys so much more worthwhile.

• Like 3

Stoneleigh 2021-  info can now be found here: 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I’ve filled in all of the volunteering forms for Stoneleigh, still haven’t had any

email confirmation as yet.  
cheers Rob.

2 hours ago, Robert Bannister (ROBBIE180) - Essex AO said:

Hello I’ve filled in all of the volunteering forms for Stoneleigh, still haven’t had any

email confirmation as yet.  
cheers Rob.

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for volunteering. We're taking a look behind the scenes to see why you've not had an auto-response to confirm sign up. I've checked manually and can advise we've got you down. The team will be back in touch after the 10-Aug (closing date for volunteers) to advise your time slot and role etc.

Thanks,

Ian