Potential harness issue

Andy - a15cro

I’ve had a pair of harnesses on order since the beginning of April with GSM Sportseats and also contacted them a few times now as I was expecting to have them by now. It’s not looking good for them to be here by Thursday. The plan was for Anna to do the Friday Trackday with me and then I would do my sprint, however I’m thinking my current seatbelt type buckle won’t pass scrutineering now. 

Im sweating! 

In that case you’re welcome to use mine if Simon can get them.

Andy we can sort something as Chris says dates don't matter

It’s not so much dates, it’s more mine are rubbish! and I’ve left the passenger seat out to fit the new ones that hasn’t turned up. So I need to fit the old one back in and get the seat back in. 
they don’t tighten very well and I’m thinking my hans that I’ve never tried yet will be a white elephant! 

Andy

If you have not tried your HANS device yet you will benefit from doing several practices putting it and you helmet on as well as the harness 

Its a bit of a faff but most of us have mastered it now. As you are in road going class its not mandatorynto wear a HANS device but you might consider it has added safety.

If you do use it you should take you helmet to the scrutineers and pay for a Motorsport UK sticker to be stuck to the helmet. Your Helmet will also need to be shown to a scrutineers to get a blue MSUK sticker attached ( £2.50)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

blue MSUK sticker

Are these done every year?

No they are not annual. once you have one and its stays on your helmet / HANS device you do not need another

if you can get to Crook Andrew our local Darlington district scrutineer would check and sticker your gear accordingly

• Like 1