Zetec Thermostat Housing

oldman

Just went for a short spin between showers,only 2 mins,hit a hole & thermostat housing outlet broke off :angry: This is 2nd time in a month :angry: Did a search and now know why(thanks Steppenwolf)Last time it was a speedbump.

2 Questions.....Is it a ford only part (could be an expensive hobby running over sleeping policemen.....even more expensive if they are awake)

Is it safe to drive to drive a Zetec engine a couple of miles without any water cooling? :down:

Try your local scrappie, or to cure for good and all, you might consider a water rail from Raceline.   There is a mixed bunch of opinions regarding the pros and cons, so do a search if you want to take that route.

I'd never recommend driving a car of any kind without coolant.  

There is another idea, which is to avoid bumps in the road.   That seems to work for most people ;)

:D:D:D

Presumably you're grounding the sump because it's the standard Ford one? Mine has been modified, and there are various aftermarket replacements (Dunnel and Raceline are the two that spring to mind).

506.jpeg

Andy

Thanks chaps.I think youre right Steppenwolf my head is warped!The question is about driving without coolant..............Do you feel lucky punk,well do yer.Or so it seems.

Fabulous website by the way.

Local scrappie it was then.......didn't realise that Zetecs have been around for so long.Back on road today,complete with warped head(engines fine though).Can now afford to run over sleeping policemen at a Tenner a time....thats a bargain!

Worth considering.....by the way I was down your neck of the woods last week.SWMBO wanted to clock the Edan project so it was a Cumbria to Cornwall treck.We stopped in a 3* hotel in Newquay...DB&B 32 quid a night(plus free bottle of plonk--thought I'd better mention that)Booked it off Teletext,great value. :D