Good timing or what…

Kingster

So I was chatting to the Missus over breakfast and we discussed how much I still was enjoying the PS4 games she bought be for Xmas. 

So do you not fancy a PS5 then? Says the wife. 

Well, I figured it was rude not to (as she’d just given me a nod) so looked on Argos and bought one, picked it up 15 mins later. Sweet. 

I then mentioned this to a mate who said “WHERE!!!! Where did you get it!!!” So I told him and too late - no stock - he was gutted as he’s been dying to get one for ages. 

I had no idea that they were out of stock for months and that the long awaited resupply was early today at only a few places inc Argos - and that I maybe got the last one at the shop by pure fluke 🤭

Looks sweet though 😁

image.jpg

• Like 2

Jeez, we've been trying to source one for a client for over six months! 

37 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Jeez, we've been trying to source one for a client for over six months! 

Yeah just like my mate. Don’t think he’s talking to me now 🤣

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Chris King said:

Yeah just like my mate. Don’t think he’s talking to me now 🤣

Just as well, you don't have time to be wasting your time with friends now, more time to game with your new PS! 😉

• Haha 1

More importantly... what the devil is that, and does it actually belong in the living room?

3BF5D403-A556-4389-80D8-E9F8DF68A977.jpeg

Actually, don’t answer that, I’m don’t think I want to know. 😬

It’s a Sonic Screwdiver TV remote of course!

sheesh I thought everyone had one 🙄

I’ve been trying to get a PS5 for months now. Absolutely refuse to buy one from the scalpers though, I’ll go without before giving those scum any profit.

I've got a Xbox Series X, but I see myself getting a PS5 in the not so distant future (If I can actually get one for retail price). But I'd need to find somewhere to put it, the thing looks huge!

1 hour ago, Alex Gaskin said:

the thing looks huge!

It’s maybe 5-6x bigger than my old PS4 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Whoo Hoo!!   Just got an email from Currys...I've 'won' the opportunity to buy a PS5 in their lottery. Scooted straight over to my local branch and got my name down. I entered their 'lottery' a couple of months ago when it became clear stocks weren't likely too improve any time soon.

I've seen folk b***hing about the fact you have to buy a bundle, but the offerings are all pretty reasonable I think - machine + extra controller, machine + a game or machine + PS Plus voucher.  Choice of disc or disc-less machines. Of course, I went for Ratchet & Clank, but in a cruel piece of torture, the chap let me take the game away with me although I'll have to wait up to 3 weeks after the lottery close date of 13th before I get the actual machine to play it on...the horror!!

:)

Hope the cabinet is big enough for the thing.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh frabjous day…….  Just collected my PS5 from Currys. It did fit the cabinet, thankfully.

Letting it copy games etc from the PS4 now and enjoying just chilling in the garden. I think it wise to make the most of our brief summer ;)

• Like 1

….and it seems I need to apologise to all PSN users. As soon as my PS5 arrives, PSN crashes…

(yes, really, whole load of online services have just tanked, PSN included. I was looking at downdetector.com earlier…….but with such delightful irony, it seems to be down now)

Soz

:)