Cadwell 16th September

Simon Waterfall Syman84

3 minutes ago, BenD said:

So do all engines lol. I can't say anything as I've done 5 engines. But I found the biggest problem was oil weight when hot. Which I think you experiencced with lionel. It goes so thin. I only ever use miller's or Fuchs. The engine in the red duratec isn't that old is it

I had a chat with him but don’t want to say too much as he’s a past member. I’m sure he’ll get it sorted 

Known as the Dura-Bang for a reason.

That said, they can be made safe and reliable for track use, but do I believe, need extra work done to achieve it.

23 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Known as the Dura-Bang for a reason.

That said, they can be made safe and reliable for track use, but do I believe, need extra work done to achieve it.

Although I’m in partial agreement, you could also argue that a much higher proportion of Duratec and Zetecs are getting used on track vs mega2000s and Ecoboosts

No, I'm referring to a specific known issue on the Duratec - though it's many years since the conversation with the engine tuner that was telling me about it, so wouldn't like to try and remember the details precisely. (The thing we forget sometimes with engine tuning from the pros, is that a lot of work will go into the engine that doesn't create any extra power, but does add reliability. Many of these mods are learnt the hard and expensive way, so don't get shared out into the "community".

3 hours ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Although I’m in partial agreement, you could also argue that a much higher proportion of Duratec and Zetecs are getting used on track vs mega2000s and Ecoboosts

You can't keep the eco boost cool and the s2000 is too loud. 🤣 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BenD said:

You can't keep the eco boost cool and the s2000 is too loud. 🤣 

Eight valves is the future .. Pinto! :dg-westy:

11 minutes ago, Smudge62 said:

20200906_180056.thumb.jpg.816dbf2ff702f29e45a441e8a573be67.jpgKeeping my EcoBoost cool was the least of my problems last year at Pembrey

Air cooled ecoboost prototype?

Finally got a video up. Must admit I watched this with quite sweaty palms, waiting for the inevitable crash!

@Mole makes a brief appearance!

• Like 1

Made me smile again watching it just now, nearly as much as when I followed you for a lap or so.. good to see what was going on with the steering wheel..knowing how the car was going side to side at the rear!