Cadwell 16th September

Simon Waterfall Syman84

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Photos are on line. There's a lot to go through, but they're pretty good.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159212521@N04/albums

Nice one of @Matt748 two wheeling through Hall bends. 😎

51487306581_de3a9e8fe4_k.thumb.jpg.e00eb07398e8db856685936d460055c3.jpg

Epic shot but must try harder 😉 🤣😂🤣

I had a look at what my instructor does..seems like a bit in touring cars..no wonder I didn't frighten him too much!!

I did learn lots from the twenty minutes or so with him...

As I was loading the car on the trailer I noticed damage to the front grill and a bit of a crack on the fiberglass but couldn't work out how..it looked like someone had reversed into the grill with a towing hitch..but knew that couldn't have happened as car not left alone..

Head scratching last night but no answers..

Took nose cone off this morning and found a two inch rock...

So pleased I have kept the grill on .and been discussing with the MD of Rush Motorsport in the morning about cooling and airflow and removing grill etc..

Also confirmed why I wear a helmet if I do take car out on road!

IMG_20210918_101727197.jpg

IMG_20210918_101259873.jpg

We checked Lionels oil at about 330 it needed a litre or so, stuck some of the dregs of 5w30 in and it needed another half a litre so Grabbed the other bottle (10w40) and Simon glugged some in. 

we both commented how it looked a bit thin. 

I decided to double check the oil - it was used deep fat fryer oil complete with chip bits that I’d not labelled properly. 

Decided to call it end of day and not start the car! 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

We checked Lionels oil at about 330 it needed a litre or so, stuck some of the dregs of 5w30 in and it needed another half a litre so Grabbed the other bottle (10w40) and Simon glugged some in. 

we both commented how it looked a bit thin. 

I decided to double check the oil - it was used deep fat fryer oil complete with chip bits that I’d not labelled properly. 

Decided to call it end of day and not start the car! 

You're a *****in star!!

And didn't even offer me some chips that you had cooked in the oil!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

You should have run it.. it would have smelt better than Castol R 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mole said:

As I was loading the car on the trailer I noticed damage to the front grill and a bit of a crack on the fiberglass but couldn't work out how..it looked like someone had reversed into the grill with a towing hitch..but knew that couldn't have happened as car not left alone..

Head scratching last night but no answers..

Took nose cone off this morning and found a two inch rock...

So pleased I have kept the grill on .and been discussing with the MD of Rush Motorsport in the morning about cooling and airflow and removing grill etc..

Also confirmed why I wear a helmet if I do take car out on road!

IMG_20210918_101727197.jpg

IMG_20210918_101259873.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't feel that when it happened? ..it must have made a big bang.

2 hours ago, Rush Motorsport said:

it was used deep fat fryer oil complete with chip bits that I’d not labelled properly. 

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Oh dear.. 😞

We had a little chat, optimistically hoped it might just be a bearing replacement, but now I’ve heard the video…

Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

They like oil pressure 😄

So do all engines lol. I can't say anything as I've done 5 engines. But I found the biggest problem was oil weight when hot. Which I think you experiencced with lionel. It goes so thin. I only ever use miller's or Fuchs. The engine in the red duratec isn't that old is it