Croft 23rd September

Simon Waterfall Syman84

And, a third one..

Battle of the OAPs.. myself and @Nick Algar followed by a couple of clearish laps. Last one was my fastest of the day.  I'm not really sure, but I think I've been in the 1-36s before, but this must be my fastest post 70th birthday lap of Croft.  😉 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And, a third one..

Battle of the OAPs.. myself and @Nick Algar followed by a couple of clearish laps. Last one was my fastest of the day.  I'm not really sure, but I think I've been in the 1-36s before, but this must be my fastest post 70th birthday lap of Croft.  😉 

Had a great time first with you behind and then trying to keep up with you. I must have been egging you on mate to go that bit quicker ;) ;) pleased you got a such a good lap, the old Boat Anchor can sure go 😄 

Unfortunately my memory card seems to have been corrupt and I didn't get anything :( 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Algar said:

Had a great time first with you behind and then trying to keep up with you. I must have been egging you on mate to go that bit quicker ;) ;) pleased you got a such a good lap, the old Boat Anchor can sure go 😄 

Unfortunately my memory card seems to have been corrupt and I didn't get anything :( 

I could have titled that vid "Battle of the bump starts" 😭  .. I've not even lifted the bonnet off mine yet. Pretty sure there'll be a broken connection somewhere by the starter motor.

Bad luck with the memory card. 😞 

• Haha 1

Who was in the green Westy with the ToyBox stripe?

I did speak to him as he headed out fit sighting laps and he said he’d pop over. Not sure if he did?

41 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Who was in the green Westy with the ToyBox stripe?

I did speak to him as he headed out fit sighting laps and he said he’d pop over. Not sure if he did?

I did much the same first thing Chris..

It was @WestfieldWill I went to speak to him aswell not far from me in the peaks.

22 minutes ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

It was @WestfieldWill I went to speak to him aswell not far from me in the peaks.

maybe that’s why you didn’t see him again! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

I think I know the car 😉

18 minutes ago, Kingster said:

The video was as bad as the result :( 

One from me.

Chasing @Simon Waterfall Syman84 and got caught behind an M4 that didn't seem to quite get the "how to let a car that you are holding up in the corners pass you" idea. 

"Oh I know - indicate, then floor it..."

Then just as I was getting into the swing - things went wrong in the electrical and oil pressure dept...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nick Algar said:

The video was as bad as the result :( 

I’m hurting! I’ve had a rough day, my left ankle, right knee and hip, shoulder, neck been bothering me too and of course the elbow that’s very tender! my race suit saved me from grazes on my lower section and didn’t have a single mark on it. 

When the car fired up and lurched forward I had my hands round the cage which pulled me forward and put me off balance to stop. Clearly putting too much effort into the push 🙄

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Kingster said:

One from me.

Chasing @Simon Waterfall Syman84 and got caught behind an M4 that didn't seem to quite get the "how to let a car that you are holding up in the corners pass you" idea. 

"Oh I know - indicate, then floor it..."

Then just as I was getting into the swing - things went wrong in the electrical and oil pressure dept...

look to be going well there Chris! You’ve got to forgive the M4, he won’t be that familiar with the concept of how to use the indicators! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rush Motorsport said:

look to be going well there Chris! You’ve got to forgive the M4, he won’t be that familiar with the concept of how to use the indicators! 

Even for a BMW driver he really was a plonker, probably couldn't see us as crying so much thinking about all the money he'd spent, then getting overtaken by loads of Westfield's. 🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, Andy - a15cro said:

I’m hurting! I’ve had a rough day, my left ankle, right knee and hip, shoulder, neck been bothering me too and of course the elbow that’s very tender! my race suit saved me from grazes on my lower section and didn’t have a single mark on it. 

When the car fired up and lurched forward I had my hands round the cage which pulled me forward and put me off balance to stop. Clearly putting too much effort into the push 🙄

Sorry your hurting mate, it did look a awkward tumble, hopefully all will be well again soon. On the plus side that last session out was one of the best for me so thank you. 

• Haha 1