KNOCKHILL SPRINT

Terry Everall

2 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

ENTRIES NOW OPEN FOR THIS FANTASTIC VENUE

https://knockhill.alphatiming.co.uk/register/events/4982

Folks 

It took a lot of persuasion and liaison with Knockhill to secure the WSCC an entry to this event in 2019.

Anyone who attended back then will tell you this event was one of the highlights of the year.

A fantastic track, well organised friendly welcome, and (back then at least) plenty of spectators to all add to the atmosphere.

Yes its a long way to travel for many people but it is well worth the journey, so get your entry in.

This is one event that "if we don't use it we lose it".

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic weekend, this is one of the highlights of my sprinting calendar. 

Unfortunately I can't make it this year due to another commitment but anyone thinking about this event should definitely do it. 

• Like 2

Entered !

• Like 1

On 15/06/2021 at 22:01, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

Absolutely fantastic weekend, this is one of the highlights of my sprinting calendar. 

Unfortunately I can't make it this year due to another commitment but anyone thinking about this event should definitely do it. 

Fully agree with Simon, we had a superb weekend, well worth the trip up there.  Like Simon I will be missing out on the event this year as we have other commitments in the diary.  Do it if you can!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Come on folks let’s have a few more entries to Knockhill please.

The SSOT managed to secure this event on the calendar for 2019 and everyone who went will tell you what a great event it is.

For those that have not been to this event, it is run completely differently to a standard sprint and is part of the Super Lap Scotland event, meaning it is run like a normal race event. This means we have a time slot to compete in which means the whole thing is run very efficiently. In the days before COVID there would be a few thousand spectators in the grandstands and there is commentary too. 
The legend racers are there also, and having watched them, it’s worth going to see these nutters race.

As is said in my previous post however it also has to be worth Knockhill time to invite our club or we may not be invited back. So come on Westfield sprinters get your entry in. 

• Like 1

Think I am going to entre.

Just getting a few ducks in a row first.

I certainly want to do it again and to anyone thinking about it.  Just do it!  its a great weekend. 

As mark says very different to a norm sprint meeting and better for it.

everyone is also very friendly including all the officials 

Ian

• Thanks 1

Be good to see you there Ian

This has just been added, so if you want some practice on the friday evening

slsw.jpg

• Like 1

We need some more entries PLEASE or we may lose this great opportunity to compete on this fantastic track in both directions. We need at least 8 or 10 cars to make our attendance viable.  So if you are thinking of going please enter asap

Dates are not possible for me sadly - would love to do this one 😔

Fantastic circuit - dammit 

Thats 5 people who cant make it

I will see what I can do, I’ll check my diary tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Thats 5 people who cant make it

It's the first st weekend of the school holidays and the first weekend of freedom for many so maybe back to a September date in future years may work better