Registration Issue - DVLA

Haroldgas

Just had to get in contact with Westfield as the DVLA want proof that the Ford engine and Mazda gearbox/diff are new,  the certificates from Westfield aren’t acceptable apparently.

I can see others on the forum have had similar experiences,  but clearly the DVLA and Westfield have not resolved their differences.  

Have you got the receipts for the items?

1 hour ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Have you got the receipts for the items?

Hi Ian,  I don’t.  Westfield have got back to me already,  they have the invoices etc where they have bought the engine etc from suppliers so have emailed those to the DVLA today,  they can’t send them to me for data protection reasons.   

Apparently it is happening more and more and Westfield can help if, like me, the kit was quite new.  The problem they have is with older kits where they no longer have those original invoices.

2 hours ago, Haroldgas said:

Hi Ian,  I don’t.  Westfield have got back to me already,  they have the invoices etc where they have bought the engine etc from suppliers so have emailed those to the DVLA today,  they can’t send them to me for data protection reasons.   

Apparently it is happening more and more and Westfield can help if, like me, the kit was quite new.  The problem they have is with older kits where they no longer have those original invoices.

Great. I hope you're past this hurdle soon!

Westfield stepped up and did the same for my registration, if you cant get the proof you end up with a Q plate.

https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/forum/78-iva-info/

Mark was still in talks with DVLA just after I got mine approved.  I guess its still not been fully resolved.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Insuranceman said:

Was this resolved?

My issue was resolved by Westfield, they did me proud.  As I had all parts supplied new from them as part of the self build kit. And I had all the Westfield receipts even if some were not in my name. They provided the DVLA with their original receipts from where they purchased, my Engine, gearbox, diff,  for my kit.  But they were challenging the DVLA, that normal builders like me just receive a Westfield receipt the same as with all the kits and parts they sell.  As they are not obliged to provide original receipts to customers, as it could be a breech data protection. Also all the customers would then know where Westfield buy everything from and at what cost.

Several others have had the a similar problem with DVLA as they have been insisting on original receipts to prove your engine, gearbox, diff is brand new. As they say Westfield do not make Engines, gearboxes, or diffs which is 100% correct and you cant argue it on the DVLA paper work.

Some have giving up and taken a Q plate, as some of the parts they might of purchased from anywhere, and not everything from Westfield. So cant prove where it all came from. That's the chance you take when you build your self, and not buy a complete kit. Unless you can prove where it all came from and who made it etc, you could end up with Q plate. Unless DVLA make some changes somewhere its just down to luck by the sound of it.

12 minutes ago, Mike424u said:

My issue was resolved by Westfield, they did me proud.  As I had all parts supplied new from them as part of the self build kit. And I had all the Westfield receipts even if some were not in my name. They provided the DVLA with their original receipts from where they purchased, my Engine, gearbox, diff,  for my kit.  But they were challenging the DVLA, that normal builders like me just receive a Westfield receipt the same as with all the kits and parts they sell.  As they are not obliged to provide original receipts to customers, as it could be a breech data protection. Also all the customers would then know where Westfield buy everything from and at what cost.

Several others have had the a similar problem with DVLA as they have been insisting on original receipts to prove your engine, gearbox, diff is brand new. As they say Westfield do not make Engines, gearboxes, or diffs which is 100% correct and you cant argue it on the DVLA paper work.

Some have giving up and taken a Q plate, as some of the parts they might of purchased from anywhere, and not everything from Westfield. So cant prove where it all came from. That's the chance you take when you build your self, and not buy a complete kit. Unless you can prove where it all came from and who made it etc, you could end up with Q plate. Unless DVLA make some changes somewhere its just down to luck by the sound of 

I bought everything from Westfield over three modules and I have the receipts/collection notes so I will have to take the same route. I don’t want a Q plate that is why I bought the full kit from Westfield.

15 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

I bought everything from Westfield over three modules and I have the receipts/collection notes so I will have to take the same route. I don’t want a Q plate that is why I bought the full kit from Westfield.

You shouldn't have any problems, just include the engine newness cert from Westfield.  Maybe they picked on mine as I put the engine, gearbox , diff supplier as Westfield, Which was correct, as they supplied it to me as part of the full kit. Maybe I should have put Ford for engine supplier, Mazda for the gearbox, and Mazda for the diff.

But purchased from Westfield as the supplier. 

Might be worth a call to Westfield and see if its been sorted out and what they advise to fill out on the reg form.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike424u said:

You shouldn't have any problems, just include the engine newness cert from Westfield.  Maybe they picked on mine as I put the engine, gearbox , diff supplier as Westfield, Which was correct, as they supplied it to me as part of the full kit. Maybe I should have put Ford for engine supplier, Mazda for the gearbox, and Mazda for the diff.

But purchased from Westfield as the supplier. 

Might be worth a call to Westfield and see if its been sorted out and what they advise to fill out on the reg form.

Thanks Mike.