Harnesses for hans device

Liz03

Hi all we need your advice on locating harnesses for our seiw Hill climb and road car.

1x 6 point for hans device but wide enough shoulder strap for road use  bolt in would be preferable aircraft buckle and a 4 point for the passengerside 

Any advice would be appreciated 

HANs devices need 2 inch shoulder straps. Harness manufacturers specify if their harnesses are HANs compatible in the description. The bolt in harnesses are usually 8 or 10mm holes in the metal ends but the Westfield chassis has 7/16 threads. Have a look at Demon Tweeks catalogue and then contact Hawk Motorsport (club sponsor) to get a better price on what you want

Some Hans devices are fine with 3" shoulder straps and TRS are a good make

My Schroth harnesses are still outstanding at Sportseats and I’m seriously thinking about trying to swap the order for something that’s in stock. I’ve not had a chance to try my Hans out yet! I might call them and see if they have TRS available off the shelf.  

I've used 3" shoulder straps with a HANS for years - being picky, it's a little fiddly getting them located by yourself, but never had an issue of any sort (fitting, use, scrutineering, etc).

Same as Adam

I use 3" with Hans and never had any issues.

That's not to say Johns points are not valid. Manufacturers will have there recommendations and different Hans probably have there own recommendations.

• Like 1