How time flies...

Captain Colonial

It just occurred to me - 20 years ago this weekend, I picked up The Wench from Terry Nightingale (serious blast from the past) and had the obligatory rain-soaked, grinning like a loon journey home.  Where did the years go?

2001:

1132327F-429D-4B19-8B8E-7A02E1D65DCA.jpeg

913F6200-2AE6-4CF3-8FB4-ED4D1D0E6245.jpeg

2021:

61DBA9E7-7E76-400B-8205-D7D7FE953CAC.jpeg

71A72416-BEAD-4A68-A9FC-BAD99B3A839E.jpeg

Still crazy after all these years... ❤️😎

• Like 6

I bet your glad @Kit Car Electronics convinced you to keep her? Love her 'old skool' looks and now 'new skool' performance, there can be no better advertisement for the club. 

Edited by jonjh1964
removed the Bristol
  • Like 2

Aye, that Stoneleigh weekend will be one of my most treasured ever. It was an honour to assist.

• Like 1

I’m always very glad and very, very grateful indeed to @Kit Car Electronics and to everyone who worked hard and helped and contributed and encouraged me.  It was quite a journey!  I remember poor @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary getting his hand banjaxed by a gazebo pole on the Sunday, successfully deflecting it from hitting the car when a huge gust of wind came up, but soldiering on through the obvious pain.  😬 The Wench has more than just a collection of parts - it’s got a bit of lots of club members in her, which I never forget. 😊

• Like 4

God yes, that damn gazebo. :laugh: one of those instinctive, yet stupid reactions that isn’t entirely automatic, but you just do hoping for the best, and not having learnt, would do exactly the same thing again!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1