Jump to content

IVA Cancelled


Insuranceman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Got confirmation of my IVA next Tuesday at 15-21 this afternoon, via email, then got another got another email at 15-28 to say they have moved the appointment to the Wednesday. Transporter booked for Monday/Tuesday at £100 per day and holidays booked for Monday/Tuesday. Unable to cancel holidays or transporter so thanks to them I have lost £200 and 2 days holiday and can not make the Wednesday. If I had cancelled the test 6 days before I would have lost my test fee!😡🤬

 

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning Carl, that's not good at all. I hope you find resolution. They do seem to be struggling and it's not the first time I've seen them do this. At least they've not moved it back by a month etc. I guess you'll need to call to re-arrange?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fretted about having my IVA cancelled so risked leaving the trailer hire to the last minute. Sucks that they can do this with no penalty. I suspect that if they had to compensate folk there would be fewer cancellations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have called them, as per the email, but the women who answered said I needed to reply to the email. Couple of deep breaths, the email says ring, i explained this to the women she was reluctant to help. Then she came back offering the 11th August take it or leave it, so i took it.

11th August, need to take a day off without pay as no holidays left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

I have called them, as per the email, but the women who answered said I needed to reply to the email. Couple of deep breaths, the email says ring, i explained this to the women she was reluctant to help. Then she came back offering the 11th August take it or leave it, so i took it.

11th August, need to take a day off without pay as no holidays left.

That's just shocking. Is there a complaint process?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will have to look in to it when i get home next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the exact same thing on the day before my IVA having hired a vehicle transporter!

 

Like you I was very annoyed that if I had done the same to them I would have lost my test fee and had to pay again but it was ok for them to do it! I complained and never got anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/06/2021 at 18:19, TableLeg said:

I had the exact same thing on the day before my IVA having hired a vehicle transporter!

 

Like you I was very annoyed that if I had done the same to them I would have lost my test fee and had to pay again but it was ok for them to do it! I complained and never got anywhere.

Thats worse than me, do they give a more lenient test because of the postponement?😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

Thats worse than me, do they give a more lenient test because of the postponement?😆

Unfortunately not, but having a big V8 in a Westie and a tester who loves V8s probably helped😆

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TableLeg said:

Unfortunately not, but having a big V8 in a Westie and a tester who loves V8s probably helped😆

I need to find another 4 cylinders.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

I need to find another 4 cylinders.

Sorry but I'm not giving mine up😆

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.