IVA Cancelled

Insuranceman

Got confirmation of my IVA next Tuesday at 15-21 this afternoon, via email, then got another got another email at 15-28 to say they have moved the appointment to the Wednesday. Transporter booked for Monday/Tuesday at £100 per day and holidays booked for Monday/Tuesday. Unable to cancel holidays or transporter so thanks to them I have lost £200 and 2 days holiday and can not make the Wednesday. If I had cancelled the test 6 days before I would have lost my test fee!😡🤬

• Sad 3

Good morning Carl, that's not good at all. I hope you find resolution. They do seem to be struggling and it's not the first time I've seen them do this. At least they've not moved it back by a month etc. I guess you'll need to call to re-arrange?

I fretted about having my IVA cancelled so risked leaving the trailer hire to the last minute. Sucks that they can do this with no penalty. I suspect that if they had to compensate folk there would be fewer cancellations. 

I have called them, as per the email, but the women who answered said I needed to reply to the email. Couple of deep breaths, the email says ring, i explained this to the women she was reluctant to help. Then she came back offering the 11th August take it or leave it, so i took it.

11th August, need to take a day off without pay as no holidays left.

4 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

I have called them, as per the email, but the women who answered said I needed to reply to the email. Couple of deep breaths, the email says ring, i explained this to the women she was reluctant to help. Then she came back offering the 11th August take it or leave it, so i took it.

11th August, need to take a day off without pay as no holidays left.

That's just shocking. Is there a complaint process?

I will have to look in to it when i get home next week.

I had the exact same thing on the day before my IVA having hired a vehicle transporter!

Like you I was very annoyed that if I had done the same to them I would have lost my test fee and had to pay again but it was ok for them to do it! I complained and never got anywhere.

On 03/06/2021 at 18:19, TableLeg said:

I had the exact same thing on the day before my IVA having hired a vehicle transporter!

Like you I was very annoyed that if I had done the same to them I would have lost my test fee and had to pay again but it was ok for them to do it! I complained and never got anywhere.

Thats worse than me, do they give a more lenient test because of the postponement?😆

14 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

Thats worse than me, do they give a more lenient test because of the postponement?😆

Unfortunately not, but having a big V8 in a Westie and a tester who loves V8s probably helped😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TableLeg said:

Unfortunately not, but having a big V8 in a Westie and a tester who loves V8s probably helped😆

I need to find another 4 cylinders.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

I need to find another 4 cylinders.

Sorry but I'm not giving mine up😆

• Haha 1