Indicator dash warning light(s)?

DIY-Si

I believe I have this the right way round, but need confirmation! I will be using a Mk1 Mini column mounted indicator switch, which has a green light on the end of it. I believe that this satisfies the requirement for a warning light, as the indicators can't be seen by the driver of an XI.

But am I right in thinking that I only need the one warning light, and that this one on the stalk will suffice, or have I got it backwards and I need one for each side of the car, ie two? All I can see in the manual is that I need "an audible or visual tell-tale to indicate the operation of any indicators that would not cause confusion to the driver."

Of course, it won't confuse me as I'll be fitting it but I doubt that approach will win many points on IVA day! Your thoughts please, folks.

• Like 1

My dash 2 only has the one warning light that’s used for left, right and hazards so a single light is fine.

Magic, thanks for confirming that. That'll save me some messing about.