AP Master cylinder removed from product line

Westfield Chesil Parts Dept

Good Morning All,

We have made the decision to remove the AP master cylinder from our product line, due to lead times from AP.

Regards

Parts Dept.

• Sad 2

Shame, just glad I had a new one off you guys recently.

Andy

• 1 year later...

Do you stock the seal kit to refurb existing units, or is this something we’d need to order from AP direct?

Anyone know the kit part no.?

4 hours ago, Greenstreak-Andy D said:

Try Questmead and quote your master cylinder CPxxxx number. I’m sure they can help.

Did @Si.Dalziel buy a set?

https://www.questmead.co.uk/Categories/Repair-Parts/AP-Racing/Master-Cylinders

Andy

Mine was repaired by AP.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO bought spares recently, IIRC.

I bought caliper parts not MC though.

One thing to be aware of, there are/were at least two different seal kits for the MC, one considerably more expensive, for the older MC's.

I can't tell you the date, though Questmead should be able to. But essentially, some years ago, the original style seals AP used went out of production. AP Racing couldn't get an identical sized seal with the right cross-sectional profile. So I understand, from their technical notes, they re-designed the pistons to suit the new style of seal profile that they could get. As a result, I understand the seal kits for these older MC's come with the new style seals, and replacement pistons to match.

Once the job is done, there is no performance difference or benefit in one MC version over the other. It's literally just a parts availability fix.