Track car project for sale

Qwertyseiw

My brother put my car into the tyre wall at Knockhill recently.  It is going to need a full rebuild on a new chassis.  It will be the winter before I will have the time to do this, therefore I'm listing it in case someone would want to buy it, which might allow me to get me back on track sooner.

The car was built as a track car by Auto Pro in North Wales in 2014:

Lightweight SEW chassis (The whole car weighs 535kg)
STD Track Wishbones with nylon bushes
Live English axle with trailing arms and panhard rod
3.9 diff with Quaife ATB Helical LSD (new 2019)
Rear disk conversion with aluminium calliper mounts
Four pot aluminium front callipers/aluminium uprights
Reconditioned Type 9 ford 5 speed gearbox
New 2.0 Ford Zetec Black top engine
Raceline camshafts (170hp)
Raceline sump
ZXR6 Carburettors jetted to suit
7” repack-able silencer 100db
Race tech gauges
FIA Caged lazer full roll cage
Race fuel tank and facet pump, swirl pot on tank
Lightweight race loom with battery isolation, Rain light, Aerorace aero screen

The car is located near Kinross.

£7000

C1.jpeg

C2.jpeg

C3.jpeg

C4.jpeg

I would keep it and fix when you have the time. Unfortunately with the amount of work on an unregistered car it's basically worth about 2k and that's only because of the Westfield specific components. 

I saw your Facebook post where many people said speak to Andy at siltec, is that not an option to have him fix it? 

Is the car road registered/IVA’d? (I’d guess no, but makes a difference to what it’s worth.)

Thanks for your replies. I wasn’t sure if the car would have any saleable value in its current state and much below what I’ve asked I agree I’ll be better to eventually rebuild it myself. It was my brother posting on FB, but I think Siltec is too far away from us to be an option. Do we have any Siltec equivalent in Scotland?

8 hours ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

it's basically worth about 2k

I think that’s a bit low - a full “bolt in” rwd Zetec setup with raceline sump and type 9 is worth near that. Add in uprights, brakes, cage and other ancillaries - it can add up when bought/sold individually. 

But certainly can’t see it going for a great deal as a whole - I’m sure @Paul Aspden The 2ndwill know as he bought something similar.

Have you had a word with the factory to see what they can offer?

3 hours ago, Qwertyseiw said:

Do we have any Siltec equivalent in Scotland?

Closest person I know who has a front end jig is @Plays-Kool so speak to Luke just south of Newcastle. 

@Chris King It's interesting that the damage on this is almost the same as that on my donor. That said it looks like it has not suffered the rear damage that the car i picked up had.

@Qwertyseiw The reality is you won't see more than 2K for this if you sell but all is not lost, If the chassis has not twisted along its full central axis then this looks easily repairable and the plus side is it looks like it has never had a number plate on it (looking at pictures) and trust that it's not been reported to or written off by an insurance company.

If all the above are correct assumptions then personally what i would do is:

1. Take the engine and gearbox out and get it strapped to a pallette.

2. Cut out the bent metal and weld in new sections but try to reuse / leave the chassis stamped section.

3. Source / repair the side panels and rear body work.

Looking at the damage it seems like a straight forward job so long as the chassis is NOT fundamentally twisted front to back.

Oh one last point, don't let siblings use yer stuff.....

I would suggest, if you want to get rid of the car, and maximise getting money back out of it, your only way is to break it and part the car out.

If the chassis doesn’t have a V5 and a reg plate associated, it’s value plummets. 

Track only cars can be tricky sales at the best of times, they do sell, but with the need to trailer everywhere, and only being able to use on track, the appeal of a Westfield type car is that much less. Sad but true. This means the final value of the car is more limited, compared to a road registered example. Throw in the need for a major rebuild, and, well, as a project the value is much more limited. It’s sad when you think what was probably spent on it.

1 minute ago, Paul Aspden The 2nd said:

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary But he wants to get back on track ASAP. A bit of welding and fibreglass work has got to be worth the effort for a trackable car?

Yeah, sorry, had already explained rebuild options in the O/P’s other thread, just after the accident.

Deffo agree though, the best solution would be to repair

@Qwertyseiw Interesting question.. What would you be willing to pay to have taken away, repaired and delivered back? To me that's the crux ... 

• Like 1

Should we move this discussion away from the “for sale” thread? 

4 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Should we move this discussion away from the “for sale” thread? 

Surely the discussion continues to help any potential buyers?

• Like 1

Not my thread, I’d have just thought It’d be even more useful in tech. If the OP agrees.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.