Simpsons system, How much??

Jackv4

Anyone know what Simpsons is charging for a Zetec bonnet exit system like in photo? 

118516365_241512053790178_1271377913112299716_n.thumb.jpg.09f415936a3a9435438f9ec17ba526e9.jpg

Tried them earlier this year, they had a long waiting list (3 months or so) and wanted my car as they'd not done a Mega S2000 for a while and wouldn't give me even a ballpark figure... you might be lucky if they've done a recent one that's similar 

Just now, RobH72 said:

Tried them earlier this year, they had a long waiting list (3 months or so) and wanted my car as they'd not done a Mega S2000 for a while and wouldn't give me even a ballpark figure... you might be lucky if they've done a recent one that's similar 

I should have mentioned, Im not buying but will be selling (not just yet) Im trying to put a value to mine

I was quoted “about £1k” for a sidepanel exit system - still considering....

8 hours ago, Jackv4 said:

will be selling

First dibs! 

Only kidding 😁 - but I’d bet this would suit @Paul Aspden The 2nd new engine build 

Any reason for the sale? Going turbo?

1 hour ago, Chris King said:

First dibs! 

Only kidding 😁 - but I’d bet this would suit @Paul Aspden The 2nd new engine build 

Any reason for the sale? Going turbo?

Yep going turbo, Ive started gathering up parts, Until im ready to do the conversion im keeping the car on the road, Going turbo is more expensive than i had thought but im getting there, Have pistons and rods/ turbo + manifold/ gaskets/ valve spring etc so far, Plenum and cooling to sort, Im going to be using all new parts (rods 2nd hand)

The Simpsons exhaust can go along with near brand new Omex throttle bodies, Like i say though it wont be just yet

2 minutes ago, Jackv4 said:

Yep going turbo, Ive started gathering up parts, Until im ready to do the conversion im keeping the car on the road, Going turbo is more expensive than i had thought but im getting there, Have pistons and rods/ turbo + manifold/ gaskets/ valve spring etc so far, Plenum and cooling to sort, Im going to be using all new parts (rods 2nd hand)

The Simpsons exhaust can go along with near brand new Omex throttle bodies, Like i say though it wont be just yet, Also have a fantastic condition chrome yellow bonnet thats cut to suit the exhaust and bodies

58 minutes ago, Jackv4 said:

The Simpsons exhaust can go along with near brand new Omex throttle bodies, Like i say though it wont be just yet

Supercharge it! Then you can keep the beautiful exhaust 👍

Not Simpson, but mine (“the best I’ve ever seen” @AdamR) was slightly less than £2k inc a silencer.

4 hours ago, Chris King said:

Supercharge it! Then you can keep the beautiful exhaust 👍

This was my first plan but decided to go with the Turbo,

Supercharger alone is £2k 😬 Saying that I still think the supercharger would have been the better option for drivability also would have sounded nice to,

Fabricating a nice turbo exhaust won't cost me much as tig welder.

I’d say between £1k and £1500 depending on spec. Eg polished or brushed, silencer size, cat etc