I thought Croft was bad!

TAFKARM

Just to add after reading the comments. 
I’ve done 100’s of trackdays with nearly every tdo. 
You always get one or two plonkers and I just take note and stay away. If they come behind me I let them past at the next opportunity. If I catch someone and they don’t let you past after a lap or so I’ll back off or come in. 

Most of the incidents you see like in video can be avoided. 
It’s not a race, no one gets a tin cup at the end of the day. We’re there to have fun and go home in one piece. 

Ive emailed Alan today so hopefully be at blyton to meet everyone 🤞🏼

• Like 1

Last year a friend a mine had some family doing a trackday at Donington, I was invited down to watch/have some laps in the passenger seat. Whilst we were there, there was a large group of 20-30y/o lads who had a couple of EP3 Civic Type-Rs. It was obvious that they had no real idea of what was going on, and at the end of the day I think out of 4 Civics, only 1 was left running (2 had mechanical failures and 1 had a pretty impressive skip across the final chicane and ruined the suspension). Right at the end of the day, a very nice V8 BMW rolled, so a red flag came out, and when everyone was on their way back to the pits, a guy who was with the aforementioned group of lads but in a brand new Audi RS3, went off. Ruined his paint,
de-beaded a tyre and got gravel between his brake disc and calliper, made a right racket when he came back in. Bit of a shambles to be honest.

And this was the same trackday that multiple British Time Attack cars were blasting around at 'race' pace (There was due to be a Time Attack round the coming weekend).

youve clearly never been to teesside park, or Langbaurgh as it used to be called, great to hire for 1 off testing , but never venture into one of their summer evening stock car, sorry track evenings

1 hour ago, cast iron said:

but never venture into one of their summer evening stock car, sorry track evenings

I did one a couple of years back Mark, and tbf on track it was OK.. but getting on track was a bit of a mare. Three queues trying to merge into the pitlane exit lane wasn't fun. 

Low smoggy sun wasn't too good either. 😎

I think the biggest problem is the track driver / complete muppet ratio? TDO's dont have much control over who shows up.. it's a bit of a lottery. How they deal with muppets though, could be debatable?

when i went to the US of  a couple of years ago, a bit of research showed a track day on at Laguna Seca

I tried to book on line but i couldn't book because theres a system almost like ARDS, you have to have to do an experience day at the track you want to run at with an instructor who signs you off as Ok to run, that gives you a ticket with a reference number that allows you book a trackday

Imagine if UK circuits cottoned onto that little money spinner

@cast iron agree extra cost, but better TD?

Also, what if the association of TDO introduced a system and also the TDOs gave you points for the number of TDs you complete and that turned into discount/rating.  Safe and experienced drivers = less incidents and more time on track for the drivers = greater satisfaction = greater reviews/repeats?

Slightly different location, however still Croft related - tonight I had a touch of the Russes! Been indoor karting with the family and experienced the worst unsportsmanlike behaviour by the regular members, bumping, nudging, bad challenges on every corner. The first two races I’m telling the family to let it go, third race I came off raging! 

@Rush Motorsport you would have been proud! I even made my thoughts known to the poor girl trying to sell us a cheap next visit! 😂

On 22/05/2021 at 00:14, a15cro said:

Slightly different location, however still Croft related - tonight I had a touch of the Russes! Been indoor karting with the family and experienced the worst unsportsmanlike behaviour by the regular members, bumping, nudging, bad challenges on every corner. The first two races I’m telling the family to let it go, third race I came off raging! 

@Rush Motorsport you would have been proud! I even made my thoughts known to the poor girl trying to sell us a cheap next visit! 😂

Kinell - NE christmas karting is just dodgems

2 hours ago, cast iron said:

Kinell - NE christmas karting is just dodgems

Trust me! That was nothing compared to Fridays debacle. 

Saturday at Warden Law was totally different, so much more enjoyable, qualified 2nd but ended up 3rd after a bad start.